Preparing for Disaster
- Managing Change for Success. // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p12
The article provides the highlights of the Healthcare Foodservice Administrators Association of Greater New York 2006 annual conference held in Flushing, New York City. Ken Wasco, marketing executive with Gordon Food Service, kicked off the event with a presentation that focused on dealing with...
- ASHFSA confab stresses leadership, efficiency. Boss, Donna L. // Nation's Restaurant News;7/18/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 29, p28
Highlights the Hospital Food Service Administrators national conference in New Orleans, Louisiana from June 12-15, 2005. Attendees of the event; Programs and activities; Topics discussed; Keynote speakers.
- The Minnesota Terrorism Symposium Re-Creates Itself. Kapler, Dave // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p45
The article offers information on the 2006 Minnesota Symposium on Terrorism and Emergency Preparedness to be held at Northland Inn in Brooklyn Park on November 14-15, 2006.
- When unnatural disasters strike. George, Melissa // Crain's New York Business;04/03/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p37
Provides several precautions against unnatural disasters during a business conventions. Includes coordination with private security at venues; Expansion of acts of God clauses in contracts to protect revenues; Request for a written copies of hotel security plans; Use of facilities connected to...
- New publications analyze designing for disaster. Sands, Ellen // Architectural Record;Nov1997, Vol. 185 Issue 11, p37
States that design concerns of flood, fire, wind and earthquakes, were addressed by the National Multi-Hazard Institute in August 1997, which was funded by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Information on the building technology and performance texts that were produced by FEMA;...
- INDUSTRY EXPERTS TO HEADLINE THE NDR CONFERENCE. // Walls & Ceilings;Feb2009, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p16
The article offers information on the National Disaster Reconstruction Expo's conference, to be held at the Morial New Orleans Convention Center in Louisiana on June 17-18, 2009.
- National Conference on Industrial (Chemical) disaster management, awareness and release of National Guidelines on Chemical (Industrial) Disaster Management. // Chemical Business;Oct2007, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p67
The article offers information on the National Conference on Industrial (Chemical) disaster management, awareness and release of National Guidelines on Chemical (Industrial) Disaster Management to be held in Goa, India on November 15 and 16, 2007.
- Emergency Management Conference On Global Warming, Hurricanes And Floods. // Caribbean Business;6/21/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 24, p32
The article offers information on the 16th Annual Conference of Puerto Rico State Emergency Management Agency to be held on June 19 to 21, 2007 at the Gran MeliÃ¡ Hotel in RÃo Grande.
- DISASTER SUMMIT REPAIRING THE DAMAGE AND LESSONS LEARNED FROM HURRICANE ONSLAUGHTS 20th October 2005 Houston, Texas, USA. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/3/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 11, p24
Announces the opening of the registration for the Disaster Summit: Repairing the Damage and Lessons Learned from Hurricane Onslaughts in Houston, Texas on October 20, 2005.