College of Wooster's "Green Machine."
- Engineers prove 40 mpg can be made affordable. // Automotive News;3/28/2011, Vol. 85 Issue 6457, p12
In this article, the author discusses automobile makers manufacturing cars with more than 40 mega per gallons (mpg) with gasoline engines.
- Greener options for car engines. // Asian Pacific Post;10/23/2008, p34
This article presents information on technology developments in automotive that can help buyers to reduce their fuel consumption and also reducing their environmental impact.
- Adopting good driving and maintenance habits. Roch, Richard // Asian Pacific Post;8/7/2008, p35
The article offers tips for maximizing the fuel consumption of automobiles.
- US average fuel economy at record high of 24.8 mpg. Durbin, Dee-Ann // North Texas Automotive Report;Dec2016, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p5
The article reports that the average fuel economy of 2015 model-year vehicles in the U.S. has reached a record 24.8 miles per gallon.
- It's time CAFE applied to big SUVs and pickups. // Automotive News;3/27/2006, Vol. 80 Issue 6195, p12
The article discusses the need for the application of corporate average fuel economy (CAFE) standards to big sport utility vehicles (SUVs), passenger vans and pickup trucks in the U.S. For three decades, passenger trucks weighing 8,500 to 10,000 pounds have been exempted from CAFE standards....
- BEST IN CLASS CARGO & MPG. // Consumer Reports;Oct2004, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p9
Presents a list of automobiles that offer good fuel economy while still holding heavy cargo. Recommendation of several cars, including the Toyota Sienna LE, Volvo XC70, Honda Element EX and the Scion xB.
- $4 fun. // AutoWeek;10/13/2008, Vol. 58 Issue 41, p16
The article discusses how to reduce fuel consumption by using motorcycles. It is stated that gasoline now costs $4 per gallon, and one can double the mileage by using motorcycles. It is mentioned that a world-class bike is available for $10,000 to 12,000. A Ducati bike is available for $16,000....
- PROBLEMS AND MODERN TENDENCIES OF VEHICLE INSTRUMENT CONTROL DEVELOPMENT. Fedotov, Aleksandr I.; Domorozov, Aleksey N.; Portnjagin, Ewgenii M.; Boiko, Aleksandr V.; Stepanov, Aleksey N. // Journal of International Scientific Publications: Materials, Met;2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p316
There are theoretical and practical results in the article witch clearly show a lot of problems with modern brake testers and measurement procedures of diagnostic variables. First of all, present brake testers have a low measurement repetition performance of the same car on the same tester....
- THE 800 PARADOX. Scott, Michael // Australian Motorcycle News;11/11/2009, Vol. 59 Issue 10, p139
The article presents the author's comments on the performance of the 800cc MotoGP racing bikes. According to the author, the 800s are the most electronically advanced racing bikes ever, and an 800 recorded a higher maximum speed than a 990 bike. The author says that regarding the fuel efficiency...