- J-Stars. Alfier, Jeff C. // Flying Safety;Jul96, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p23
Discusses the proposed employment of the Joint Surveillance and Targeting Attack Radar System aircraft in combat search and rescue of the United States Air Force.
- LOH seeks bomber `buyback'. Morrocco, John D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;6/13/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 24, p24
Reports on the plans of the United States Air Force's Air Combat Command to buy back bombers placed in attrition reserve to meet requirements to fight nearly simultaneous regional conflicts. Decrease in operation bombers with the fiscal 1995; Planned upgrading of B-52s to carry the advanced...
- Retain mixed aircraft wings. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/13/1993, Vol. 139 Issue 24, p90
Editorial. Expresses the need for the Defense Department to retain the large composite wings of dissimilar aircraft even after the retirement of Air Force Chief of Staff General Merill McPeak. Main argument against composite wings; Operational of single aircraft wings; Demands of rapid deployment.
- ENGINEER UPDATE. // Engineer;Jan-Mar2006, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p53
The article provides engineering updates related to military defense system in the U.S. A 3-week course for urban mobility breaching at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina was conducted to provides advance information on explosive theory, operation and training safety issue, and urban reconnaissance....
- Weighty Choice. Barrie, Douglas; Wall, Robert; Fulghum, David A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/9/2004, Vol. 160 Issue 6, p30
The Great Britain is being forced to revisit its assumptions to its choice of a Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) variant amid concern over performance aspects of the short takeoff and vertical landing version of the fighter. Worries over weight growth and its impact on the potential performance of the...
- Expeditionary airpower -- part 2. Tripp, Robert S.; Galway, Lionel A.; Ramey, Timothy L.; Killingsworth, Paul S.; Drew, John G.; Fair, C. Chris // Air Force Journal of Logistics;Fall99, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p1
Part II. Discusses strategic planning in global combat sustainability through the Expeditionary Aerospace Force (EAF). Division of the United States Air Force into several Air Expeditionary Forces (EAF) units; High response capabilities of AEF units anywhere in the world; Readiness maintained...
- OPS Topics. // Flying Safety;Sep99, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p30
Recommends two operational safety lessons in military missions to Air Force personnel. Lesson from a simulation of a hostile aircraft attacking a designated site with air-to-surface missiles; Importance of identifying the target before dropping a weapon.
- Developing and Executing a Home-Station Battalion Mission Rehearsal Exercise. Shoemate II, William H. // Engineer;Sep-Dec2009, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p23
The article highlights the successes of the 65th Engineer Battallion training through the utilization of first-class homestation mission rehearsal exercise (MRE) replication in Oahu, Hawaii. It discusses the validation and the operation of MRE by the 130th Engineer Brigade. Furthermore, it...
- Lawmakers Eye More Oversight Of LCS, Ford-class Carrier Programs. // Sea Power;Aug2013, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p6
The article focuses on the oversight of the navy programs of U.S., including Littoral Combat Ship (LCS), and CVN 79 Ford class carrier programs by U.S. Senate officials. It mentions evaluation of cost cap on the Navy's next aircraft carrier from 10.5 billion dollar to 12.9 billion dollar by U.S....