Black Illinois Man Wins Half Of $63 Million Jackpot In State Lottery
Tags: LOTTERY winners
- Two blacks are ringing in the new year after winning $45 mil. each in DC Powerball lottery. // Jet;1/17/94, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p22
Features Percy Ray Pridgen and Charles Gill, winners of the jackpot price of Powerball lottery Washington, D.C. Initial reaction upon hearing the announcement of the winners; Coming up with winning numbers; Plans for the future.
- A Texas deliverance. Gwynne, S.C. // Time;12/16/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 27, p39
Looks at the citizens of Roby, Texas who won $1 million apiece in the Texas state lottery in November 1996. The lottery pool organized by bookkeeper Peggy Dickson; The town's misfortunes; The poor financial straits in which most of the winners had been; What they plan to do with the money.
- Maybe he should buy the bar. Seligmann, Jean; Gegax, T. Trent // Newsweek;6/1/1998, Vol. 131 Issue 22, p76
Highlights Streamwood, Illinois resident Frank Capaci and his wife Shirley, who won the Powerball lottery. The amount won; Immediate plans.
- But I never won anything before! Salzberg, Charles // Redbook;Oct93, Vol. 181 Issue 6, p192
Profiles three first-time lottery winners. Deborah Cook's entry for the Maybelline Beauty Cruise contest in a magazine; Charity raffle ticket purchased by Kathy Hedstrom; Tampa nurse Martha Staten's jackpot prize.
- Down on luck dad wins P19-M. // Filipino Reporter;3/22/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 16, p1
The article reports on the Superlotto jackpot won by a 60-year-old man in the Philippines whose son is suffering from a terminal disease.
- Michigan Man Wins Million-Dollar Lotteryâ€¦ Again. Winograd, David // Time.com;11/11/2013, p1
The article reports that Michigan resident Joseph Palmarchuk, a prior Tennessee lottery winner, won a $1.35 million lottery jackpot on November 6, 2013.
- Name him. // Quill;Mar95, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p10
Reports on Britain's highest court's approval for newspapers to name the country's biggest lottery winner, an Indian migrant who requested anonymity.
- Indian Software Programmer Wins Maryland Lottery. // India -- West;4/1/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 19, pB11
The article reports that a 50-year-old Indian man has won the Maryland lottery for the second time amounting to 100,000 dollars in 2011.
- News & analysis. // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p6
Presents a photograph of workers at the homeless persons unit of Camden Council in London, who have won in a lottery.