Asian chlor-alkalis set to feature in ICIS webcast
- Tightness in Chloralkali Market Brings Forth a New Round of Price Increases. Van Savage, Eleanor // Chemical Market Reporter;9/16/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 9, p1
Reports that chloralkali industry in the North American has experienced better balance during the third quarter of 2002. Demand for caustic soda; Price increases for chloralkali; Operating operates for chlorine.
- China's caustic and chlorine dilemma. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;4/25/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 488, p24
Reports on the effect of rising demand for chlorine in China on the future of the chlor-alkali industry in the country. Expectation regarding the growth of chlorine demand; Information on the study "Caustic Soda World Analysis and Database," released by Tecnon OrbiChem; Forecast on caustic soda...
- Inorganic chemicals. // Chemical Business;Aug99, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p105
Deals with the production status of inorganic chemicals in India as of April 1999. Soda ash; Caustic soda; Chlorine.
- Tight Supply Prompts European Caustic Hike. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;12/4/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 47, p57
Reports on the price hike announced by European caustic soda producers for first-quarter 2003. Purpose of the move; Assessment of the caustic soda contracts; Outlook of the chlorine market.
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;2/3/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 5, p32
Presents updates on the chemical industry as of February 1999. Impact of winter storms on acrylonitrile rail shipments in the United States (US); Negotiations between buyers and sellers in the US for fiber-grade ethylene glycol contracts; Decline in the US production of chlorine and caustic soda.
- Chlor-Alkali Sellers Try to Resuscitate the Market. Adams, Jarret // Chemical Week;3/17/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 10, p26
Focuses on the prolonged slump in chlorine and caustic soda prices that has rattled producers in North America. Factors cited by manufacturers that will boost the price of chlorine; Reason cited by producers that will make the price of caustic soda to decline; Decline in utilization rate in the...
- Chloralkali Producers See Margins Lost to Natural Gas Costs. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/17/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 11, p6
Focuses on significant price increases announced by chloralkali producers for chlorine and caustic soda beginning April 1, 2003. Production downtime in February 2003 and the reduced production rates; Impact of high gas prices; Contract negotiations in second quarter of 2003.
- European Chlorine Output Hits 10-Year High. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;7/14/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 23, p26
Focuses on the increase in chlorine production in western Europe in May 2004. Factors which contributed to the increase in chlorine production; Status of the demand for caustic soda production; Performance of U.S. chlor-alkali plants in May 2004.
- Strong Chlorine Demand Drive Chloralkali Market. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/20/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 20, p1
Reports on the strong performance of the chloralkali market due to increased demand for chlorine in the U.S., as of May 2002. Information on price increases of chlorine and caustic soda; Details on chlorine production levels; Outlook for several categories of chlorine.