Huntsman interest prompts share hike
- Clariant, Ciba call off merger. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;12/14/1998, Vol. 10 Issue 44, p4
Focuses on the failure of the merger talk between Clariant AG and Ciba Specialty Chemicals AG. Companies' different reasons for ending merger negotiations; Background on the two companies.
- Ciba & Clariant to merge. // Plastics Technology;Dec98, Vol. 44 Issue 13, p60
Reports on an agreement between the Swiss firms Clairant Corp. and Ciba Specialty Chemicals to merge. Clairant as resulting company name; Product lines in polymer additives.
- The mother of mega mergers. // Chemical Business;Dec98, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p5
Editorial. Focuses on the merger between Clariant AG and Ciba Specialty Chemicals AG. Impact as a specialty chemicals group in India; Questions raised regarding the merger; Speculations on the reasons for the merger.
- Clariant to Acquire Ciba's Materbatch. // Indian Textile Journal;Nov2006, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p20
The article reports that specialty chemicals manufacturer Clariant will acquire Ciba Specialty Chemicals Inc. The companies have signed a contract which was subjected to regulatory approval. The transaction between the firms is expected to be completed in the last quarter of the year. Ciba is...
- Swiss chemicals giant emerges. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p11
Reports on Clariant AG and Ciba Specialty Chemicals AG's merger agreement. Impact of the merger to the companies' presence in the chemicals industry; Ownership of the merged company.
- Clariant and Ciba merge to form specialties giant. YOUNG, IAN // Chemical Week;11/18/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 44, p9
Focuses on the plan of Clariant and Ciba to merge into a SF18-billion/year behemoth. Details on an agreement in principle signed by Clariant Chairman Rolf Schweizer and Ciba Chairman Rolf Meyer; Shares that will be received by Clariant shareholders and Ciba shareholders; Structure of the...
- Clariant Back in Talks with Laporte? // Chemical Week;9/27/2000, Vol. 163 Issue 36, p6
Reports that Clariant is again in talks to buy Laporte's specialty organics division as of September 27, 2000. Annual sales of Laporte's specialty organics unit; Suggestion from analysts on what Clariant must do to finance the acquisition.
- Euro in Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/6/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 1, p5
Reports that Celanese has completed its acquisition of Clariant's European emulsions business and its global emulsion powders operation.
- breaking news Roundup. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/9/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 21, p3
Reports global developments in chemical industry as of December 9, 2002. Sale of Clariant's North American sodium hydrosulfite business to Chemtrade Logistics Inc.; Closure of Sunoco Chemicals' aniline and diphenylamine production facility; Plan of Derivados Forestales Group of forming...