Altana buys UK pigments unit
- COMPANY NEWS. // Adhesives & Sealants Industry;Aug2007, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p8
The article reports corporate developments in the global adhesives and sealants industry. Wesel, Germany-based Altana AG has signed a contract to acquire the worldwide effect pigments business of the British company Wolstenholme Group Ltd. Enercon Industries Corp. has declared the completion of...
- Altana: Growing through acquisitions. VALK, VINCENT // Chemical Week;10/14/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 26, p31
The article focuses on the business growth strategy of specialty chemical company Altana through acquisitions. Altana has acquired the clay-based, or rheology, additives business of Rockwood, as well as the specialty coatings business of Henkel. Altana Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Matthias...
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;1/24/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 4, p16
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in Europe and the Middle East as of January 24, 2001. Acquisition of the quazatine and clofentezine fungicide lines of Aventis by Makhteshim-Agan Industries; Acquisition of Syntel by Altana.
- SWOT Analysis. // Altana AG SWOT Analysis;Jun2008, p5
A business analysis of ALTANA AG, a global group engaged in developing, producing, and selling specialty chemicals products, is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths include diversified geographic presence. Weaknesses...
- Altana: Focusing on innovation, growth, and service. RAVENSCROFT, MICHAEL // Chemical Week;12/14/2015, Vol. 177 Issue 31, p20
The article focuses on the growth of Altana AG which is attributed to acquisitions and targeted growth in important segments while divesting its pharmaceuticals business. It mentions that the tripled growth of the company was achieved since Matthias Wolfgruber was named chief executive officer...
- Altana Eyes Chemical Acquisitions. // Chemical Week;3/26/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p6
Focuses on the plan of Altana to acquire several small chemical companies. Amount allotted by the company for every acquisition deal; Operating profits of its chemical business.
- ALTANA AG SWOT Analysis. // Altana AG SWOT Analysis;9/ 1/2014, p1
A SWOT analysis of Altana AG is presented.
- Altana speciality chems may go private. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Dec2008/Jan2009, Issue 810/811, p6
The article reports that Susanne Klatten who owns 50.1% stake at Altana has offered to purchase the company. The German-based specialty chemicals producer could become a fully privately-owned company if a â‚¬910 million buyout bid which represents a 38% premium to the company's most recent...
- EUROPE/MIDEAST. // Chemical Week;2/7/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 5, p15
The section presents news briefs related to the chemical industry in Europe. Altana has released provisional 2006 sales figures showing an 18% increase in revenues, to â‚¬3.9 billion. Private equity company Butler Capital Partners has completed the acquisition of Rhodia's European industrial...