Methanex settles lower
- Methanol Market Collapses During the Last Two Months. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/16/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 3, p8
Reports on the decline of the methanol market in North America. Reasons for the decline of the methanol market; Factors that kept methanol prices high throughout the first half of 2001; Move of Methanex Corp. to decrease its contract price.
- Methanex Corp Building Methanol Plant In Louisiana. // Energy Daily;8/1/2012, Issue 148, p4
The article announces the decision of methanol supplier Methanex Corp. to open a methanol plant in Geismar, Louisiana.
- Methanex to restart New Zealand methanol plant. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/23/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 4, p16
The article reports that Canada-based Methanex Corp. is planning to restart its second 850,000 tonne/year methanol plant in New Zealand in the second half of 2012, and is looking for sources to secure natural gas feedstock for the plant.
- Methanex gains from better methanol. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/03/97, Vol. 252 Issue 18, p13
Reports on Methanex Corp.'s strong financial results in the third quarter of 1997 as a result of a growing market for methanol. Cash flow from operations; Net income; Sales volume; Expansion plans in 1999.
- Methanex carves out an even larger position in methanol market. Kiesche, Elizabeth S. // Chemical Week;12/22/1993, Vol. 153 Issue 24, p12
Reports on Methanex's acquisition of Nova Corp.'s methanol operations. Increase in lead as world's largest methanol producer; Boosting of 1994 projected capacity; Total production and marketing capability; Representation of the world market.
- Troubled gas project stalls in Australia. // Power Economics;Nov2001, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p10
The article states that methanol supplier Methanex has abandoned Australia's Northern Territory in favor of Western Australia for the development of a 770 million dollar methanol plant as a result of repeated delays in finalizing a liquefied natural gas pipeline project from offshore fields.
- Methanex upbeat about methanol despite recent market setbacks. // Chemical Market Reporter;04/14/97, Vol. 251 Issue 15, p4
Reports that Methanex Corp. remains optimistic about the methanol market despite mixed results in 1996. Methanex's failure to acquire Trinidad Tobago Methanol Co.; Decline in earnings in 1996; Weak methanol prices in 1996; Other factors of Methanex's financial performance; Performances by other...
- Methanex adds an Asian source. // Chemical Business;Dec97, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p38
Reports on Methanex Corp.'s methanol project in Qatar. Expected completion schedules; Role of Qatar.
- Methanex on track in quest for global leadership. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;12/15/97, Vol. 252 Issue 24, p11
Reports on Methanex Corp.'s success in its quest to become the global leader in the methanol market. Increase in sales volume, return on capital and earnings per share; Increase in share of the methanol market; Reduction of delivered cash costs.