IN BRIEF: Markets Watch
- Petrochemicals Overview. // U.S. Industry Quarterly Review: Chemicals;2003 1st Quarter, p23
This article presents information on petrochemical industries in the U.S. It is informed that following a dismal 2001, profits for the petrochemical industry-- which had improved through most of 2002 due to cost cutting, rising volume, and higher prices-- tumbled in the fourth quarter, with...
- Petrochemicals: Market Briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;09/20/99, Vol. 256 Issue 12, p9
Presents news briefs related to petrochemicals as of September 20, 1999. Spot prices for benzene and xylenes; Information on the shutdown of Citgo Petroleum Corporation's asphalt refinery in Savannah, Georgia; Benchmark price for cyclohexane; Off-list price of ethylene glycol announced by Dow...
- Untitled. s, s // ICIS Chemical Business;3/30/2015, Issue 3228, p1
The article reports that phenol prices in the Chinese petrochemicals industry are supposed to increase as a result of shutdowns in several petrochemical plants.
- petrochemicals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/19/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 2, p14
Reports developments related to the petroleum chemicals industry as of July 2004. Strength of the market for benzene; Shutdown of the cumene plant of Sunoco Chemicals; Rise of spot styrene prices.
- NEW PROJECTS AND PERMANENT PLANT SHUTDOWNS JULY 2-12,2010. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/19/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 2, p28
A chart is presented that lists several plant shutdowns and new projects including Datang International Power Generation Co. Ltd., Sud-Chemie AG, and the company Xlshan Coal & Electricity Power.
- FEEDSTOCKS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/14/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 6, p24
The article offers news briefs related to petrochemical industry including one on LyondellBasell which is likely to shut down a unit at its La Porte complex in Texas, and one on the U.S. Department of Energy which has said that the price of U.S. benchmark crude oil West Texas Intermediate (WTI)...
- NEW PROJECTS AND PERMANENT PLANT shutdowns. Creswell, Sarah // ICIS Chemical Business;11/17/2014, p24
A list of new projects and permanent plant shutdowns in the petrochemicals industry from October 31 to November 6, 2014 is presented.
- NEW PROJECTS AND PERMANENT PLANT SHUTDOWNS: 17-23 NOVEMBER, 2012. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/3/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 16, p23
A chart listing new projects and permanent chemical plant shutdowns for the week of November 17-23, 2012 is presented which includes the companies Dow Chemical, Fushun Petrochemical, and LG Chem.
- Pemex May Close Unprofitable Plants. // Chemical Week;12/13/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 46, p5
Deals with the plan of Petroleos Mexicanos to close its unprofitable petrochemical plants in Mexico as of December 2000. Losses from the plants.