- Chemical industry. Adrees, Mian Mohammad // Economic Review (05318955);Sep98, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p17
Features the latest developments regarding the Pakistani chemical industry as of 1998. Importance chloroalkali to the national economy; Compounds which can be derived from the chemical; Energy consumption of the chloroalkali industry; Suggested government policies; Future vision of the industry.
- Trichloroethylene: Mechanisms of Renal Toxicity and Renal Cancer and Relevance to Risk Assessment. Edward A. Lock // Toxicological Sciences;Jun2006, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p313
1,1,2-Trichloroethylene (TCE) is an important solvent that is widespread in the environment. We have reviewed carcinogenicity data from seven bioassays with regard to renal injury and renal tumors. We report a consistent but low incidence of renal tubule carcinoma in male rats. Epidemiology...
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;7/5/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 26, p89
Provides several market and economic-related issues surrounding chemical industry as of July 2000. Price increase announced by several chlor-alkali producers; Contract settlement reached by ortho- and para-xylene distributors in Europe; Status of butadiene contracts.
- Cyclofunctionalization of 6-alkenylsulfanylpyrazolo[3,4- d]-pyrimidin-4(5 H)-ones with arenesulfenyl chlorides. Vas'kevich, A. I.; Bentya, A. V.; Staninets, V. I. // Russian Journal of Organic Chemistry;Dec2009, Vol. 45 Issue 12, p1847
Reactions of 6-allylsulfanylpyrazolo[3,4- d]pyrimidin-4(5 H)-one with arenesulfenyl chlorides in chloroform gave products of addition of the latter at the exocyclic double bond, while analogous reactions in acetic acid in the presence of LiClO4 were accompanied by intramolecular electrophilic...
- Readjustment Period for the Methane Chloride Sector. Wen Yongxiang // China Chemical Reporter;9/6/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p16
The article reports on the marketing condition of methane chlorides in China. These chemical products include methane monochloride, methane dichloride, methane trichloride and carbon tetrachloride. In addition, methane monochloride is mainly produced in silicone plants for their own consumption...
- Inorganic & chlorine products. // CIREC Monthly News;Dec2011, Issue 253, p19
The article offers news briefs related to the production of inorganic and chlorine products in Russia from 2011-2012. The consumption of caustic soda in the market has reached to 635,000 tons. Bashkhim plans to merge the assets of Sterlitamak chemical companies Kaustik and Soda with Soda at...
- Chemical profile. // Chemical Market Reporter;12/08/97, Vol. 252 Issue 23, p37
Provides information on a chemical known as trichloroethylene. Companies that produces the chemical; Estimated demand for trichloroethylene; Its applications.
- Bacterial process destroys trichloroethylene. // Chemical Business;Nov98, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p27
Reports on the development of a biotreatment process that destroys more than 95 percent of trichloroethylene (TCE) in vapor extracted from contaminated soil by the K.K. Takenaka Koumuten Research & Development Institute in Inzai City, Japan. Use of a strain of Pseudomonas putida that decomposes...
- Synergetic degradation of Fe/Cu/C for groundwater polluted by trichloroethylene. Wei Zhang; Li Li; Kuangfei Lin; Bang Xiong; Bingzhi Li; Shuguang Lu; Meijin Guo; Xinhong Cui // Water Science & Technology;2012, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p2258
This study investigated the enhancement of synergetic degradation of Fe/Cu/C (Fe: commercial iron, Cu: solid product of Fe reacted with CuSO4, C: carbon powder) for simulated groundwater contaminated by trichloroethylene (TCE). Zero valent iron (ZVI) as a reducing agent was proved to be...