Tight supply and strong demand support Asian ACN
- Acrylonitrile Tightens on Supply Constraints. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;10/13/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the effects of the supply constraints on the acrylonitrile market. Changes in the marketing strategies of Ken Hilk, marketing director of acrylonitrile for EI du Pont de Nemours & Co.; Improvements in acrylonitrile imports; Implications of the growth of China's acrylic fiber...
- Acrylonitrile. // ICIS Chemical Business;2/27/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 8, p42
The article reports on the market for acrylonitrile (ACN), a chemical used in acrylic fibers, acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS), styrene-acrylonitrile (SAN), adiponitrile (ADN), acrylamide and nitrile rubber copolymers . It is said that amid rising propylene feedstock costs, improving demand...
- Acrylonitrile. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;1/19/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2083, p15
Assesses the global market for acrylonitrile (ACN) as of January 2004. Potential applications for acrylonitrile; Dominant route for the production of ACN; Health risks posed by ACN; Forecast on the demand for ACN in Europe, U.S. and China in 2004.
- Acrylonitrile upbeat. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;2/2/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 432, p34
Presents an update on the chemical markets in Asia as of February 2004. Factors which influenced acrylonitrile supply and demand; Contract-price expectations of caprolactam producers in the first quarter of 2004; Cargoes of monoethylene glycol traders in China.
- Acrylonitrile Is in Short Supply. // China Chemical Reporter;12/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p17
The article focuses on the economic performance of acrylonitrile industry in China for 2005. It specifically discusses the import activities, consumption and market prices of acrylonitrile. The total capacity of acrylonitrile in the country was around 1.013 million tons per annum and the output...
- ABS makers up offers amid tepid demand. ONG, CLIVE // ICIS Chemical Business;8/18/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 5, p17
The article reports that acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene (ABS) makers in Asia continued to increase offers in an attempt to improve margins in August 2014 as demand continues to remain low.
- Healthy North America ABS market attracts import competition. BOSWELL, CLAY // Chemical Week;11/4/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 28, p35
The article discusses demand and competition in the acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) market in North America. According to the October 2013 report "IHS Chemical Market Advisory Service: Global Engineering Resins," there has been overall steady demand in the North American ABS market despite...
- Acrylonitrile. // Chemical Market Reporter;8/1/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 4, p34
Presents the business profile for the chemical product acrylonitrile. Table indicating the producers and their capacity; Demand; Imports; Exports; Growth; Price; Uses; Market perspective; Outlook.
- No reason to get excited. Hariharan, Malini // Asian Chemical News;5/3/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 444, p12
Discusses the views of the acrylonitrile sector on the recovery in petrochemical pricing in Asia. Information on the ammonia and propylene cost pressures; Reasons behind the strong supply of ammonia and propylene; Forecast on the demand growth of acrylonitrile in the region.