- Instead of loading dock, think material transfer zone. Swietlik, Walt // Plant Engineering;Dec2002, Vol. 56 Issue 12, p36
Reports on making dock as part of material transfer zone which play a critical role while working to improve safety and productivity in the dock area. Processes involved in moving material between plant floor and vehicles; Changes in trucks and trailers dimensions; Challenges of reconfigured...
- Sign of the times. // Motor Transport;11/15/2007, p30
A photograph of an abnormal load is presented.
- the practical processor. Brewster, Doug // Plastics Technology;Jan2010, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p32
The article presents a discussion about a reader's query regarding the proper psi setting for a delivery truck unloading material to a silo.
- Problems hit main line steam operations. // Railways Illustrated;Oct2005, Vol. 3 Issue 10, p47
The article informs that July and August of 2005 proved to be an unhappy period for main line steam operations, with tours being affected by a number of serious problems in Great Britain. One of the problems was the cancellation of the Railway Touring Co.'s Bristol-Plymouth trip in England on...
- Secrets to Smooth-running Docks. Aichlmayr, Mary // Transportation & Distribution;Jan2002, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p44
Offers advice on improving productivity of loading and unloading of goods in warehouse docks. Importance of docks in product movement; Opportunities for increased productivity at shipping and receiving docks; Equipment available for increasing dock productivity.
- $65/HOUR: A FAIR DETENTION RATE. // Overdrive;Apr2013, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p6
The article presents the comments of an independent truck owner-operator on how much detention pay should be at shippers' and receivers' facilities loading and unloading.
- Ways to way freight. Sperandeo, Andy // Model Railroader;Jan2008, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p130
The article features various methods of operating way freights. The author explains that one of the most common ways to operate way freights is to run one in each direction over a segment of railroad. Another method is dubbed one way local where local freights are allowed to run in the direction...
- Bulk bag unloader features variable flow rate. // Candy Industry;Nov2005, Vol. 170 Issue 11, p83
The article features the variable flow rate bulk bag unloader introduced by Totowa, New Jersey-based Vibra Screw Inc. It is noted that the product is designed to provide an efficient and continuous discharge of material from bulk bags. Its ability to regulate or stop the flow of discharging...
- GOLD STANDARD. Proctor, Barry // Commercial Motor;8/26/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5094, p9
Applauds the standard of efficiency in the British haulage industry. Portrayal of the industry in the mainstream media; Significance of the industry in the British economy; Example of the service that the industry provides.