- P&G seeks approval to enter Vietnam. Lawrence, Jennifer // Advertising Age;8/22/1994, Vol. 65 Issue 35, p44
This article reports on the intention of Procter & Gamble (P&G) to enter the market of Vietnam as of August 22, 1994. P&G has signed a letter of intent to establish a joint venture with Vietnam's Consumer & Industrial Chemicals Corp. P&G plans to invest in a manufacturing plant to produce...
- DSM Forms Engineering Plastics Joint Ventures in Russia. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;1/31/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the agreement of the DSM Engineering Plastics business unit of DSM to form two joint ventures with KuibyshevAzot.
- ST and NXP Merge Wireless Businesses. // Microwave Journal;Jun2008, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p52
The article reports on the planned partnership between NXP and STMicroelectronics in the U.S. The author stated that the organization will combine key design, sales and marketing and back-end manufacturing assets from both companies into a streamlined worldwide joint venture. He added that the...
- ORGANIZATIONAL LEARNING, MARKETING STRATEGIC CHANGE AND PERFORMANCE OF WHOLLY-OWNED AND INTERNATIONAL JOINT VENTURES IN THAILAND. Racela, Olimpia C.; Thoumrungroje, Amonrat // Global Conference on Business & Finance Proceedings;Jan2012, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p618
In an international joint venture (IJV), the extent to which learning and change take place may depend on the ownership structure of the organization. This exploratory study compares the levels of organizational learning and marketing strategic change and their relationships with firm...
- Do culturally distant partners choose different types of joint ventures? Kaufmann, Jeffrey B.; O�Neill, Hugh M. // Journal of World Business;Dec2007, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p435
Abstract: Studies of international joint ventures yield conflicting results when looking at the role played by cultural distance. We argue that managers understand the problems associated with cultural distance and seek to mitigate its impact by selecting certain types of joint ventures. Using...
- Joint-venture participants foresee flurry of available hotels. Higley, Jeff // Hotel & Motel Management;2/3/2003, Vol. 218 Issue 2, p37
Reports that HEI Hospitality is looking for joint ventures and strategic alliances to rebuild its portfolio. Goal of the company; Plan of the company to acquire hotels; Involvement of other lodging-industry executives in joint ventures.
- Collaborating To Grow. McClenahen, John S.; Purdum, Traci // Industry Week/IW;Aug2005, Vol. 254 Issue 8, p68
Focuses on the results of a survey on strategic alliances and joint ventures in U.S. companies as of March 2005. Benefits of joint ventures to the realization of company growth objectives; Annual revenue rate of companies; Role of cultural similarities in financial fitness.
- MULTINATIONAL TEAMS FORM IN JAPAN TO ADDRESS BURGEONING GLOBAL-HANDSET MARKET. Amemoto, Ken // EDN Europe;Dec2006, Vol. 51 Issue 12, pXVIII
The article reports that handset vendors in Japan are teaming up with other handset vendors, chip vendors, and service providers to boost their worldwide presence. One team includes NEC, Panasonic, and Texas Instruments. Meanwhile, another team features Renesas Technology, Fujitsu, Mitsubishi...
- Partnerships can help small businesses grow. Bailey, Laura // Crain's Detroit Business;6/16/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 24, p16
The enemy of a small business is a large purchase order it cannot fill. But forming a partnership or joint venture provides a way for a small company to tackle bigger projects. Clark Bailey, owner and president of Clark's Construction Co. in Detroit, Michigan, decided in the late 1990's that he...