- Chemicals Industry Profile: Norway. // Chemicals Industry Profile: Norway;Jul2011, p1
The article focuses on the economic forecast for the chemical industry in Norway as of July 2011. It says that the industry has increased its market value by 7.2% in 2010 and is expected to reach a value of 17.2 billion dollars in 2015. It mentions that pharmaceutical sector is considered the...
- Beyond the limelight. Boswell, Clay // ICIS Chemical Business;2/9/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 6, p26
The article explores the economic condition of fine chemical companies capable of making active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) in South Korea in 2009. Results of an economic analysis conducted show a growing demand for drugs in the nation but chemical companies making APIs are relatively...
- International economic environment. // Autumn Report;Autumn2004, p33
Looks at the international economic environment from 2002 to 2005. Global economic growth in 2003; Gross domestic product growth in the U.S. in 2003; Forecasts on global economic trends in 2004 and 2005; Economic growth in European Union countries in 2003.
- Risks to realisation of the autumn forecasts. // Autumn Report;Autumn2004, p75
Discusses the factors that could contribute or hinder the economic development of Slovenia in 2004 and 2005. Impact of the growth in household loans in 2004; Result of the deterioration of competitive conditions in labor-intensive industries; Significance of growth in domestic demand and...
- Will the U.S. Productivity Resurgence Continue? Jorgenson, Dale W.; Ho, Mun S.; Stiroh, Kevin J. // Current Issues in Economics & Finance;Dec2004, Vol. 10 Issue 13, p1
Forecasts on the resurgence of the economic productivity of the U.S. for the year 2005. Information on productivity trends; Sources of the U.S. output and productivity growth; Significance of productivity outlook to the economic development of the country.
- Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe. // Emerging Europe Monitor: South East Europe Monitor;Jul2012, Vol. 19 Issue 7, preceding p1
The article presents the macroeconomic and political forecast of the South East Europe for 2012. It provides an overview of the political and economic risks, the regional and global trends, and other factors that are likely to impact the emerging markets. It offers information on the growth...
- leading indicator. Pearlman, Arnold // Chemical Week;1/21/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 2, p59
Presents information on the trends in the chemical industry as of January 21, 2004. Increase in the industry's leading economic indicator in October 2003; Gains in the equity index for chemicals; Expectations on inflation levels.
- Chemical Shippers See Yellow, Then Red. // Traffic World;3/31/2008, Vol. 272 Issue 13, p27
The article offers economic outlook for chemical manufacturers in the U.S. based on the data gathered by the American Chemistry Council (ACC). ACC has long posted a cautionary yellow code which reflects a danger signal for railroads. It has rated the business of chemicals in a yellow zone based...
- New Year, same concerns. // ICIS Chemical Business;1/5/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 1, p38
The article reports on the market trends in the chemical industry worldwide It is stated that the contract settlements in the industry is dropping due to lack of demand and falling feedstock values. The pricing for ethylene in the U.S. fell by a combined 36.5 cents/lb from August-November 2008...