Invest and grow strategy
- Syrgis Performance Products Launches New Company. // Finishing Today;Dec2007, Vol. 83 Issue 12, p17
The article reports on the business developments of Syrgis Performance Products. It cites that their acquired Norac organic peroxides business units in the U.S. was renamed Syrgis Performance Initiators Inc. and in Europe it was renamed Syrgis Performance Initiators AB. The acquisition is...
- Syrgis Acquires H&S Chemical. // Chemical Week;9/21/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 31, p43
This article reports on the acquisition of H&S Chemical by Syrgis Performance Products. Syrgis Performance Products says it has acquired H&S Chemical for an undisclosed sum. H& S makes specialty chemicals for use in cleaning and disinfectants, with a focus on food contact disinfectants. Products...
- New peroxides laboratory in Arkansas. // Composites Technology;Oct2010, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p16
The article reports that Syrgis Performance Initiators Inc. has opened a peroxides laboratory in Helena, Arkansas to support the company's organic peroxides manufacturing business.
- Why are Private Equity Firms Acquiring Chemical Distributors Worldwide? Tay Kin Bee; Chelliah, John // Journal of International Management Studies (1993-1034);Apr2013, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p108
Private equity firms' (PEFs) in recent times have been busy in acquiring chemical distribution companies worldwide. This paper examines both the drivers and strategies deployed in relation to these acquisitions. The paper concludes with a prognosis of future strategic options available to PEFs...
- Today's Transactions: Edgewater Exits Plastics Manufacturer. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/30/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p8
The article reports on the acquisition of Syrgis Performance Initiators (SPI) by United Initiators Inc. from a portfolio company of private equity firm Edgewater Capital Partners.
- Next Phase of Emerging Markets a Must, says E&Y Panel. NOTO, ANTHONY // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/20/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p14
The article reports that panelists at the Ernst & Young panel discussion, held in New York on May 14, 2013, have claimed that emerging markets should be the next target of companies interested in acquisitions. According to Ernst's head of strategic growth markets Herb Engert, cross-border...
- Clariant pops on buzz of takeover talk. Davis, Nigel // Chemical Market Reporter;2/20/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 7, p11
The article reports that Clariant Corp. has risen its shares by as much as 11 percent. Swiss newspaper suggested that the Swiss specialty chemicals maker should has an advanced talks with a private equity buyer. Clariant has been one of the weaker performers in the European chemical industry and...
- Akzo's Businesses Will Attract Interest. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;2/16/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 6, p13
Reports that the chemical businesses that Akzo Nobel put up for sale are likely to attract buying interest among chemical producers and private equity capital firms. Information on the businesses; Tendency of chemical sales in Akzo to decline following the divestments; Firms that are interested...
- RETREAT OF PRI VATE EQUITY? // ICIS Chemical Business;6/13/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 21, p35
The article reports that the private equity firms are still investing in the chemical sector, however they are more reluctant and cautious after the 2008 downturn.