IN BRIEF: Europe Watch
- SNPE Sells U.S. Subsidiary; Eyes Peptides Sell Off. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;6/27/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 22, p22
The article reports the selling of Isochem, a U.S. fine chemicals subsidiary of SNPE, to private equity firm Buckingham Capital Partners in New York. The decision was made by SNPE to decrease debt and to enable the company to refocus on its European production sites. Buckingham renamed Isochem...
- Isochem Is Purchased, Restores VanDeMark Name. // JCT CoatingsTech;Sep2007, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p61
This article reports on the purchase of Isochem Inc. by Buckingham Capital Partners from Groupe SNPE. Isochem will be renamed VanDeMark Chemical Inc., which was the name of the company prior to its acquisition by Groupe SNPE in November 1999. VanDeMark manufactures phosgene, phosgene derivatives...
- SNPE widens Isochem focus. // European Chemical News;7/14/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2061, p9
Reports that French firm SNPE has completed the integration of its fine chemical unit Isochem, which previously focused on pharmaceutical intermediates, in July 2003. Change in the operation of Isochem; Aim of SNPE in the integration of Isochem; Plan to reduce operation in Toulouse, France.
- SNPE Seeks a Buyer for Its Fine Chemicals Business. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;7/6/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 18, p16
The article reports that SNPE is looking for a buyer of its fine chemicals business, Isochem. In 2006, SNPE hired a bank to determine which companies are interested in acquiring all or part of Isochem, or in partnering with the business. Isochem specializes in contract manufacturing for the...
- Isochem Inaugurates U.S. Peptide Unit. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;4/30/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 16, p22
Reports on the peptides production facility inaugurated by SNPE Isochem unit in San Diego, California in April 2003. Growth in Isochem's peptide revenues; Details of the company's peptide operations; Key factors to the growth of SNPE.
- Isochem Plans Phosogene Unit in France; Eyes U.S. Lab Expansion. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/19/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 42, p40
Deals with the application of Isochem Fine Chemicals, the fine chemicals arm of Paris, France-based SNPE, for the installation of a phosgene generator to make pharmaceutical intermediates at its Vert-le-Petit, France complex. Reason the company has been buying phosgene since late 2001; Comments...
- SNPE's Isochem Resumes Fine Chem Output at Toulouse. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/15/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 2, p6
Reports that the Isochem unit of SNPE has resumed fine chemicals production at its site in Toulouse, France in July 2002. Implication of the French government's phosgene-production ban for the company's operation and employees in Toulouse; Contributions of phosgene and its derivatives to the...
- SNPE Replaces Chemicals Chief; Signs Agchems Contract with Bayer. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;6/16/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 20, p13
Reports on the appointment of Michel Nicolas as executive vice president of SNPE's Isochem fine chemicals business in 2004. Previous positions held by Nicolas at SNPE; Plan of Isochem to increase its sales through 2008; Purpose of a contract signed by Isochem with Bayer CropScience.
- Solvay in talks over Isochem. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;6/7/2004, Vol. 80 Issue 2103, p9
Reports on the negotiation between Solvay and the state-owned specialty chemicals group SNPE on the future of its fine chemicals division, Isochem, in France. Evaluation of the strategic options of Solvay; Rumor on the possible merger of Isochem with Rhodia.