Ciba set to lose few chems from Reach
- B Cummins, new COO at Ciba. // Indian Textile Journal;Sep2005, Vol. 115 Issue 12, p156
The article announces the appointment of Brendan Cummins as chief operating officer of Ciba Specialty Chemicals Corp. in September 2005. Cummins has been with the company for more than thirty years. He has held a number of leading global positions, such as regional president of China and the...
- Witco, Ciba plastics additives deals include sale, distribution agreement. Scheraga, Dan // Chemical Market Reporter;07/13/98, Vol. 254 Issue 2, p28
Reports that Witco Corp. and Ciba Specialty Chemicals Inc. are continuing their relationship with a pair of transactions in the plastics additives arena. Reciprocal advantages of the companies resulting from their deal.
- New Ciba Business. // Chemical Week;10/31/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 40, p29
Reports the launch of the Expert Services plastics additives business unit of Ciba Specialty Chemicals.
- New strategies announced by Ciba. // Colourage;Feb99, Vol. 46 Issue 2, p47
Reports on Basel, Switzerland-based Ciba Specialty Chemicals' decisions on the business synergies resulting from the integration of Allied Colloids following the acquisition.
- Ciba Details Innovation Plans. Hume, Claudia // Chemical Week;4/14/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 14, p35
Provides information on the business plans of Ciba Specialty Chemicals company. Efforts to increase the company's product range; Research and development spending of the company.
- KEEPING UP WITH Additives. // Plastics Technology;Sep2004, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p33
Presents an update on the plastics additives industry in the U.S. as of September 2004. Description of the affinity GA polyolefin plastomers for polymer modification and masterbatch carriers developed by Dow Polyolefins & Elastomers; Manufacturing of the diketo-pyrrolo-pyrrole pigments of Ciba...
- Ciba targets the growing graphics inks market. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/30/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the effort of India-based CIBA Specialty Chemicals Corp. to increase its presence in the growing global market for digital graphics inks and toners. Concentration of the company in providing ink ingredients; Plan to expand offering in the toner market to provide a wider range of...
- EU levies $261M fine for fixing. // Plastics News;11/16/2009, Vol. 21 Issue 36, p5
The article reports that the European Union (EU) is fining several plastics additives producers, including Ciba Specialty Chemicals Corp., Elf Aquitaine SA and Baerlocher GmbH, 173.9 million euros for price fixing and forming cartels. According to the European Commission, these companies fixed...
- Red Pigment of the Imagination Produced at New Ciba Plant. Keesee, Susan H. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Aug97, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p60
The article reports on the inauguration of pigments plant by the Ciba Specialty Chemicals Corp. in Newport, Delaware, to manufacture diketo pyrrolo pyrrol (DPP) chemistry. It reports that the DPP pigment is commonly used in automotive coatings. However, due to coloristic properties and fastness...