IT system gets up and running free
- A Qualitative Information System for Data Management. Winer, Laura R.; Carri&egreve;re, Mario // Qualitative Sociology;Fall91, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p245
This article traces the path which led to the adaptation of the Information System approach to data management and the use of a Relational Data Base Management System in the Vitrine 2001 project, a research project looking at children's learning activities with computers using qualitative...
- Iterative and Narrative Data: Common Ground? Marco, David; Lewis, Bill // DM Review;Mar2004, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p36
Discusses the concept of iterative and narrative data in the context of information resource management. Terminological disctinction between iterative and narrative data; Opportunities in the integration of the two terms; Differences and similarity.
- A Name Confers Much More Than Mere Identity. Schraml, Todd // Database Trends & Applications;Dec2004, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p26
This column examines the importance of names in databases. The use of "name" means a clear and definitive labeling of something. Meaningful names are critical for developing a meaningful business rules, and from those rules, meaningful data models. Naming standards that allow us to create names...
- Characteristics of the Audit Processes for Distributed Informatics Systems. Popa, Marius; Toma, Cristian; Amacei, Cristian // Informatica Economica;2009, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p165
The paper contains issues regarding: main characteristics and examples of the distributed informatics systems and main difference categories among them, concepts, principles, techniques and fields for auditing the distributed informatics systems, concepts and classes of the standard term,...
- The Information Layer Matters. McKendrick, Joe // Database Trends & Applications;Jul2006, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p1
The article reflects on the management of the information layer of many companies. Many industry watchers say service-oriented architecture (SOA) fills the bill, while others look to data extract, transfer and load (ETL) approaches as the purveyor of the information layer. The business case for...
- OCLC und WorldCat eine (un)endliche Erfolgsgeschichte. Dugall, Berndt // ABI Technik;2007, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p10
With WorldCat OCLC offers a really comprehensive and also widespread database for cataloging and retrieval. In this article - after a short description of the OCLC organization - structure and growth of WorldCat are explained. Also described are the numerous tools, which were developed for...
- New roles for the information manager in the twenty-first century. Heim, Michael // Australian Library Journal;Aug98, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p264
Discusses the implications of knowledge management systems for the definition and distribution of knowledge, and for the different roles the information manager might take, or be forced to take, in relation to such systems. Role that information managers can play in ameliorating the corporatist...
- Getting a Handle on Data. van Daelen, Ton // Scientific Computing & Instrumentation;May2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p67
Discusses how data pipelining technology helps users manage data generated by high-throughput screening. How data pipelining software works; How scientists create predictive models; Applications of data pipelining.
- anatomy of a solution. // CRN;9/13/2004, Issue 1112, p63
Presents a brief overview of how the Plains Exploration & Production solved its IT-infrastructure problem by employing a solution provided by Conxerge. Focus of the problem; Products and services used; Lessons learned.