ICCA backs weapons veto
- Farewell to arms. Siegel, Jonas // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p24
The article reports on the contention of the two processes in disposing the 30,000 tons of the U.S. chemical weapons in compliance to the treaty held in the Chemical Weapons Convention in 1997. The stockpile of chemical materials include sarin nerve agent, VX nerve agent and mustard gas. The two...
- Syria completes chemical weapons handover. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jul/Aug2014, Issue 877/878, p7
The article reports on the shipment of the last of Syria's chemical weapons stockpile on board the Danish ship Ark Futura on June 23, 2014 according to the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemicals Weapons (OPCW).
- BY THE NUMBERS. // Arms Control Today;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p4
Presents data related to chemical weapons (CW) inspection based on the Chemical Weapons Convention (CWC) Inspections Record as of March 11, 2005. Inspections of CW production facilities; Inspections of CW disposal facilities; CWC states-parties the U.S. has accused of having CW programs.
- Survey finds growth in third-party verification. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/18/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 24, p13
The article focuses on a survey of the global chemical industry's voluntary performance initiative, Responsible Care. The survey has indicated that a growing number of national chemical associations are opting for third-party verification processes. The survey, carried out by "Careline"...
- meetings Calendar. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/18/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 13, p35
The article focuses on several meetings. The National Paint and Coatings Association's annual meeting will be held in Chicago, Illinois from October 24-26, 2004. The 48th annual Welch Conference on Chemical Research will be held October 25-26 in Houston, Texas. The European Paper Week 2004,...
- ICIS CONFERENCES 2006. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/28/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 32, p39
The article offers information on several conferences related to the chemical industry from September to December 2006, including the 3rd ICIS Middle Eastern Base Oils & Lubricants Conference in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 11th World Fibres Conference in Singapore and the 24th Annual...
- meetings. // Chemical Week;9/1/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 28, p32
Presents the schedule of events in the chemical industry in the U.S. and Europe from September 2004 to October 2004. Adhesive and Sealant Council's Fall Convention; Annual Conference and Exhibition of the Powder Coatings Institute; Electrochem Conference of the Society of the Chemical Industry
- ECMSA recently hosted a highly successful conference on commercialising innovation in the chemical industry. // Chemical Business;Apr2006, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p69
The article reports on the conference hosted by the European Council Marketing and Strategy Association in Barcelona, Spain, on commercialising innovation in the chemical industry. The focus of the conference was on the actual experiences of companies in the chemicals, plastics and related...
- meetings. // Chemical Week;9/8/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 29, p32
Presents the schedule of events in the chemical industry in the U.S. and Europe from September 2004 to October 2004. Adhesive and Sealant Council's Fall Convention; Annual Conference and Exhibition of the Powder Coatings Institute; Environmental Conference of the National Petrochemical and...