US faces another setback on energy
- CLEAR Act could be devastating to uranium mining. // Mining Engineering;Oct2009, Vol. 61 Issue 10, p11
The article reveals that the Natural Resources Committee of the U.S. House of Representatives headed by its chairman Democrat Congressman Nick J. Rahall introduced House Resolution 3534 or the Consolidated Land, Energy and Aquatic Resources (CLEAR) Act of 2009 in September 2009. The bill...
- Republican energy bills to move. Restuccia, Andrew // Hill;4/11/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p24
The article reports on the consideration of three energy bills by the U.S. House Natural Resources Committee in 2011.
- Spill Panel Chairs Hit GOP Action On Drilling Bills. RICKMAN, JOHNATHAN // Energy Daily;4/15/2011, Issue 73, p2
The article reports on the U.S. House Natural Resources Committee's approval of three bills intended to speed up the pace of permitting in the Gulf of Mexico, facilitate lease sales in the Gulf and off the shores of Virginia, and remove the President Barack Obama Administration's ban on offshore...
- capital report. // Sea Technology;May2011, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p55
The article offers news briefs in the U.S. The House of Representatives Subcommittee on Energy and Environment has stressed the importance of offshore drilling and discusses both federal and industry efforts to address safety and response technology challenges on April 6, 2011. The House of...
- House Committee Approves Native Hawaiian Government Reorganization Act. // American Indian Report;Dec2009, p5
The article announces the approval of the Native Hawaiian Government Reorganization Act of 2009 by the U.S. House Natural Resources Committee through a vote of 26-13.
- Rep. Markey demands hearings on Exxon oil spill in Yellowstone River. Restuccia, Andrew // Hill;7/6/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 97, p12
The article reports on the call of top Democrat on the House Natural Resources Committee for hearings on pipeline break owned by Exxon Mobil Corp., dumping thousands of gallons of oil into the river of Montana in 2011.
- CALIFORNIA PU MATTRESS RECYCLING COMES A STEP CLOSER. // Urethanes Technology International;Aug/Sep2013, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p20
The article reports on the approval of the U.S. Natural Resources Committee of a bill passed by the California State Assembly, which aims to make mattress recycling mandatory.
- RAHALL MOVES TO REFORM AML PROGRAM. // Coal Age;Mar2001, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the bill introduced in the United States Congress by Representative Nick Rahall, D-W.Va., to reform the Abandoned Mine Land Reclamation Program. Statement issued by Rahal; Overview of the bill.
- CARE Act Introduced to Protect Promises to Coal Miners. KUYKENDALL, TAYLOR // State Journal (WV);3/8/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p12
The article reports on the Coalfield Accountability and Retired Employee Act (CARE) proposed by Representative Nick Rahall and Senator Jay Rockefeller in the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives on March 6, 2013 regarding the health care and pensions of coal miners.