Malaysia out to prove industry's green effort
- Market briefs. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;03/02/98, Vol. 253 Issue 9, p8
Presents news updates in the oil industries as of March 2, 1998. Includes Malaysian company Kumpulan Emas Bhb's plans to enter a joint venture with an Indian firm to develop a $5.5 million palm oil plantation in Andra Pradesh; Sun Co. Inc.'s decision to undertake a $15 million overhaul of its...
- Market briefs. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;04/20/98, Vol. 253 Issue 16, p6
Presents news briefs related to the oils industries as of April 20, 1998. Includes National Institute of Oilseed Products' 1998 officers; World soybean production in 1997-1998; Scheduled lifting of Indonesia's ban on palm oil exports.
- Oils, fats & waxes: Market briefs. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;03/23/98, Vol. 253 Issue 12, p8
Presents news briefs concerning the global oil market as of March 23, 1998. IMC Global Inc.'s survey forecasting a record planting of soybeans during the spring season; Extension of Indonesia's ban on palm oil exports.
- Global Oils & Fats Forum Sees Better Fundamentals. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/17/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 24, p4
Highlights the Second Global Oils and Fats Business Forum hosted by the Malaysian Palm Oil Promotion Council of America (MPOPC) in San Francisco, California in July 2002. Theme of the forum; Range of issues covered by the forum; Objectives of MPOPC.
- oils, fats & waxes In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/24/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 21, p12
Presents news briefs pertaining to the oils, fats, and waxes market as of May 24, 2004. Bunge Ltd.'s plan to build an oilseed crushing plant in the port of Ilyichevsk, Ukraine; Kuok Oils and Grains Pte Ltd.'s plan to build a palm oil refinery in Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
- Volatility ahead for oleochemicals. POPAT, NEHA // ICIS Chemical Business;3/26/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 12, p24
The article discusses the economic prospects for oleochemical industry. The unpredictable situation is driven by the volatility in the fats and oils feedstock prices, Indonesia's export tax situation and a suppressed global economy. Harald Sauthoff, vice president for global procurement of...
- Cashing in palm oil for conservation. Lian Pin Koh; Wilcove, David S. // Nature;8/30/2007, Vol. 448 Issue 7157, p993
The article addresses the debate between environmental nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) and Southeast Asian palm oil producers over the issue on the potential detrimental effects of oil-palm crops expansion on Asia's biodiversity. It looks at the arguments of both parties and notes that the...
- Palm oil industry eyeing Africa's market potential. De Guzman, Doris // Chemical Market Reporter;8/1/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 4, p28
Reports that Africa, the oil palm's birthplace, could be the next player in the growing global palm oil market. Investments by Bidco Group in an edible oil processing facility in Tanzania; Bidco Group also with an integrated palm oil project in Uganda; Golden Hope Plantations Bhd of Malaysia to...
- Oils and Fats Gain on Farm Bill's Bio--based Products Provision. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/3/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 22, p16
Focuses on the significance of the U.S. Farm Security and Rural Investment Act of 2002 to the growth in the oils and fats industry. Provision of the purchase of biologically-based products by federal agencies; Limit on the purchases to be made by agencies; Benefits of the legislation to...