TITLE

Taffeta ups fabric production

AUTHOR(S)
Kovac, Matt
PUB. DATE
June 2007
SOURCE
ICIS Chemical Business;6/25/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 72, p5
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article reports on the expansion of nylon fabric manufacturer Formosa Taffeta Co. Ltd. in Vietnam in 2007. The expansion is to capitalize on the burgeoning textile industry of the country. The company plans to increase its textile production output at its Long An and Dong Nai plants. The company's 70% of nylon fabrics is used in the production of garments and textiles, and the remaining 30% is used for leather, tyre cord, automobiles and household decorations.
ACCESSION #
25636603

 

Related Articles

  • Taffeta ups fabric production. Kovac, Matt // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;6/25/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 25, p3 

    The article reports that Formosa Taffeta, an affiliate of Taiwan's Formosa Plastics, is aggressively expanding in Vietnam to capitalize on the burgeoning textile industry. The company will increase textile output at the Long An and Dong Nai plants in southern Vietnam, from a combined 13m yards...

  • Nano photocatalysts could clean up.  // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p46 

    The article discusses the applications of nano photocatalyst and titanium oxide in the textile industry. Formosa Taffeta Co. (TFC) has developed the Sun-Eco functional fabric that utilizes photocatalytic titanium oxide to provide an effective deodoriser and antibacterial surface. The Nano TiO2...

  • News.  // Textile Chemist & Colorist;Jun99, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p4 

    The article offers news briefs on textile industry and manufacturers. BFGoodrich proclaimed that net income excluding special items elevated to 21% in the first quarter of 1999 compared to 1998. Formosa Taffeta Co. Ltd. (FTC) has joined Reflective Technologies to create a broad range of fabric...

  • Taiwan's bright sparks offer more inspiration.  // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Nov/Dec2014, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p36 

    Information about the 18th Taipei Innovative Textile Application Show (Titas) that was held in Taiwan in 2014 is presented. The trade show was attended by several companies from different industries including chemical, textile, and printing machinery. The new product developments of Far Eastern...

  • Formosa's high-performance fabrics.  // Indian Textile Journal;Mar2010, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p76 

    The article presents information on the participation of Formosa Taffeta Co. Ltd. in Taipei Innovative Textile Application Shows in Taiwan.

  • Toyobo: more airbag yarns.  // Chemical Fibers International;Feb2004, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p18 

    This article focuses on the plan of the fiber producer Toyobo Co. Ltd. to increase its nylon production for air bags from the current 6,000 to 8,000 tons/year in 2004 in Japan. The company is noted to place an emphasis on the production of nylon for air bags. Its joint venture in Thailand is...

  • A sheer thing.  // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/11/1997, Vol. 173 Issue 47, p23 

    Presents photographs of a collection of lacy and sheer nylon textile fabrics for spring 1998.

  • Nycoa adding grades of nylon-based copolymer. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p10 

    Nylon Corp. of America (Nycoa) is seeing positive results from compounds based on a new nylon copolymer and plans to add as many as three new grades of that product in 2004. The company first produced the copolymer, which combines a base nylon 6 resin with a comonomer, in late 2002 in...

  • Consolidation and restructuring of the PA industry.  // Chemical Fibers International;Apr2004, Vol. 54 Issue 2, p64 

    The global polyamide fiber industry, as of April 2004, is going through its most severe crisis, restructuring and consolidation in the history of nylon. This article focuses on major events that have affected the industry. The U.S. company Solutia has resorted to chapter 11 to protect itself...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics