- Aromatics bullish. Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;5/31/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 447, p25
Presents updates on chemical prices as of May 2004. Benzene; Toluene; Mixed xylenes.
- Commodities in brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/18/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 2, p32
Provides information on the production and sales performance of several products from the chemical industry in July 2005; Projected increase in the contract prices of ethylene glycol per ton in Asia in August 2005; Reduction of the natural gas restrictions to Methanex Corp.'s methanol production...
- Petrochemicals in brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;5/16/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 20, p24
Reports on market prices of several chemical products in the United States, for the week of May 16 to 22, 2005. BTX; Ethylene glycol; Propylene.
- Chemical commodities. // Chemical Market Reporter;1/30/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 4, p27
The article presents news briefs pertaining to chemical commodities in the United States as of January 30, 2006. January bids for BTX has increased from $2.78 per gallon to $2.80. Propylene prices have seen a significant increase since the New Year because of the rising demand and weakening supply.
- Samsung plans aromatics project. // Chemical Week;6/21/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 24, Chemical Week Asia p6
Reports on Samsung General Chemical's plans to invest in an aromatics project in Korea. Construction plans; Products; Capacities; Technology; Funds.
- Characterization of onset of entrainment in stirred tanks. Mali, R. G.; Patwardhan, A. W. // Chemical Engineering Research & Design: Transactions of the Inst;Jul2009, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p951
The aim of the present work was to characterize onset of entrainment of one phase into the other based on mean velocity and turbulent kinetic energy at the liquid surface. Experiments were carried out in stirred tanks with different impeller geometries (DT, PBTD, PBTU and D/T= 0.30, 0.45, 0.65)...
- petrochemicals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/5/2004, Vol. 266 Issue 1, p18
Reports developments related to petrochemicals industry as of July 5, 2004. Move of BASF Corp. to raise its list price in the U.S. and Canada for acrylic acid, butyl acrylate, and mythel acrylate; Increase in the prices of BTX; Price of cumene peroxide.
- Commodities in brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/14/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 17, p18
Reports on developments in the chemical industry in the U.S. Decrease of the price of spot benzene in the market; Restart of the olefin cracker facility of Huntsman Corp. located in Port Arthur, Texas; Increase in the production capacity of PPG Industries Inc.'s facility in Lake Charles, Louisiana.
- petrochemicals In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/14/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 7, p12
The article focuses on recent developments in the petrochemicals industry, as of February 14, 2005. Benzene, toluene and xylene spot deals for February 2005 were scarce although a load of offers were out around the $3.15 per gallon range. Dow Chemical Co. is increasing the price for propylene...