Malaise at Mirwais
- Shapiro Clinical Center. Pearson, Clifford // Architectural Record;Mar2003 Supplement, Vol. 191, p24
The article presents information on the Shapiro Clinical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. Built during a time of incredible change in the healthcare Industry, the new Shapiro Clinical Center bridges different eras both literally and figuratively. The driving idea behind the design of the Shapiro...
- Shapiro Clinical Center Boston. Merkel, Jayne // Architectural Record;Mar2003 Supplement, Vol. 191, p30
The article presents information on the Carl J. Shapiro Clinical Center in Boston, Massachusetts. Each floor has the same spaces for waiting, reception, check-out, and workrooms, and the same clusters of examination and consultation rooms. Only the areas in between vary for each specialty.
- Transparency and Teamwork Drive Quality. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Sep2007, Vol. 81 Issue 9, p80
The article presents information on the Integris Baptist Medical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. The push toward accountability and transparency is driving quality improvement at Integris Baptist Medical Center. The 564-bed hospital is part of Integris Health, an 11-hospital system that posts...
- CONSTRUCTION ZONE. // Health Facilities Management;May2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p6
Offers news briefs about hospital construction in the U.S. Description of the Gateway Medical Center in Gilbert, Arizona; Funds given by the founder of the Land's End clothing company to the University of Chicago for the creation of the Comer Center for Children and Specialty Care in Illinois;...
- Lovelace Hanging a New Shingle. // New Mexico Business Journal;Sep2006, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p46
The article features the facility of Lovelace Medical Center in downtown Albuquerque, New Mexico. The facility has a Cardiac Center of excellence with two cardiovascular operating rooms, two catheterization laboratories, one electro physiology laboratory with support from 64-slice CT scanner. It...
- Hospital listings. // Business Press;03/05/99, Vol. 11 Issue 44, p15A
Presents a list of hospitals in Texas. Includes the All Saints Hospital in Fort Worth; Medical Center of Arlington; Harris Methodist Northwest.
- New York area's largest hospitals. Lopez, Denise // Crain's New York Business;02/28/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p45
Presents a chart featuring the largest hospitals in the New York City area, arranged by operating expenses. Top executive; Operating expenses for 1998 and 1999; Numbers of beds, employees, ambulatory care visits and deliveries.
- Northwest Medical Center Oro Valley adds new cardiac center. Egger, Ed // Inside Tucson Business;7/14/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the expansion of the Northwest Medical Center Oro Valley after its opening in 2005 in Tucson, Arizona. The hospital will open a new 48-bed cardiac center. The 25,000-square foot cardiac center was created as part of a more than $10 million completion of the facility's...
- Working For the Health of Our Neighbors. // New Mexico Business Journal;Mar2006, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p5
Reports on the Surgical Center of the Southwest unveiled by the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City in New Mexico in 2006. Mission statement of the regional medical center; Commitment of the medical center to providing excellent services to patients and their families; Upgrades to the...