CMAJ's Salon: lateral thinking about health
- Cover. // Journal of Medicine & Philosophy;Oct2014, Vol. 39 Issue 5, pNP
No abstract available.
- Introducing POEMs. Shaughnessy, Allen F.; Siwek, Jay // American Family Physician;3/15/2003, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p1196
Editorial. Introduces the section, Patient-Oriented Evidence that Matters, featured on the March 15, 2003 issue of the 'American Family Physician.' Reason for the section's creation; Questions addressed by the section; Comparison from the section, Tips From Other Journals.
- Public Health in Action. Huston, Patricia // Canadian Journal of Public Health;Sep/Oct2003, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p325
Introduces the Public Health in action column of the 'Canadian Journal of Public Health.' Goal of the articles in the section to describe innovative public health interventions that have not yet undergone definitive evaluation.
- A New Department. Goodrich, Thelma Jean // Families, Systems & Health: The Journal of Collaborative Family ;Summer2006, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p218
This article discusses various issues related to narrative therapy in health care, with specific reference to the new Department of Narrative Medicine of the periodical "Families, Systems & Health." Narrative therapy has become central to clinical practice, and therefore one needs to pay his or...
- CMAJ's Salon: lateral thinking about health. B. J., Barbara Sibbald // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal Supplement;7/3/2007, Vol. 177 Issue 1, p112
The author focuses on the Salon column of the periodical "Canadian Medical Association Journal" (CMAJ). She states that the column will be graced by the thoughts of scientists, health-related experts as well as those who are not part of the health and medicine sector. She notes that the column...
- Retraction. // Irish Veterinary Journal;Nov2009, Vol. 62 Issue 11, p709
The article presents a retraction of the article entitled "National Vaccination Month" which appeared in the October 2009 issue of the "Irish Veterinary Journal." It notes that the published information regarding Intervet Schering Plough is incorrect. Contrary to the earlier published...
- Implications for School Nursing Practice: A Burden or an Opportunity? Denehy, Janice // Journal of School Nursing (Allen Press Publishing Services Inc.);Feb2006, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p1
This article offers insights about a section of the "Journal of School Nursing" that focused on the implications for school nursing practice. This seems appropriate for research articles where the implications for practice may not be evident to the readers of the journal. In the section, authors...
- 'Creative Scanner' will feature new ideas, opportunities, applications. // Marketing News;9/9/77, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that a new feature "Creative Scanner" appearing in the October 1977 issue of the "Journal of Marketing," would provide an informal forum for the exchange of ideas. It would stimulate creative thinking and innovative research in marketing. This section will encourage...
- Populations at Risk: A New Section for JGIM. Bierman, Arlene S. // JGIM: Journal of General Internal Medicine;Apr2000, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p271
Announces the launch of the Populations at Risk section of the 'Journal of General Internal Medicine.' Goal of enhancing understanding of various medical issues involving safety of patients; Types of articles to be featured in the section.