Resurgence of early congenital syphilis in Alberta
- SYPHILIS. O'Rourke, Eileen; Schweon, Steve // RN;Jul2007, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p26
The article provides information on syphilis infection. This systemic infection is caused by the Treponema pallidium bacterium and is usually transmitted from one person to another by direct contact such as sexual contact or accidental contact with infected blood or body fluid. A chart on drug...
- Syphilis isn't messing around (but that's how you catch it). Bradshaw, Mark David // Liberty Press;Mar2009, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p31
A quiz about facts on syphilis is presented.
- Syphilis: Recommended Treatment Schedules, 1976. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Jul76, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p94
Summarizes treatment recommendations for syphilis established by the Venereal Disease Control Advisory Committee. Pharmacological management of syphilis; Evaluation of the disease in pregnant women; Discussion on congenital syphilis.
- Syphilis: A Historically Fascinating Disease That is Once More a Hot Topic. Kofoed, Kristian // Acta Dermato-Venereologica;2013, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p216
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss reports about syphilis published within the issue.
- THE BOYZ DOC. McOWAN, ALAN // BOYZ;10/13/2011, Issue 1050, p53
The article provides an answer to a question regarding the possible infection of syphilis.
- Sexually transmitted disease surveillance: 1980. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);1/9/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6309, p124
Presents the results of the surveillance report on sexually transmitted diseases in Great Britain. Increase of infections due to beta-lactamase-producing strains of Neisseria gonorrhea; Factors contributing to the increase of syphilis; Data on the annual deaths from syphilis.
- PUBLIC HEALTH. Taylor, Kimberly Hayes // IRE Journal;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p15
Presents an article on the exposure of the syphilis epidemic in Detroit, Michigan through investigative reporting in January 2004.
- Syphilis. // Nursing Standard;11/14/2007, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p58
A quiz which tests the person's knowledge about syphilis is presented.
- Malignant syphilis: A review. Kumar, Bhushan; Muralidhar, Sivaram // AIDS Patient Care & STDs;Dec98, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p921
Provides an overview on syphilis, a disorder that may mimic many other diseases. Increase in syphilis cases in the United States; Medical definition of syphilis; History of the malignancy; Epidemiology; Clinical features.
- Syphilis: a historical vignette. Piro, Anna; Tagarelli, Antonio; Quattrone, Aldo // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Sep2014, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p508
The article offers information regarding the prevalence of syphilis in different countries in Europe.