Around the Statesï¿½
- McGraw-Hill Programs Dominate Approved Textbook List In California's K-8 Reading Adoption. // Educational Marketer;2/4/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p1
Presents information on the approved textbooks on sale for the California reading adoption including books from McGraw-Hill, Houghton Mifflin and Pearson Education.
- Exclusive: Thomson Learning Titles Lead Sales in College Economics Textbook Market in 2005. // Educational Marketer;9/18/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 27, p1
The article reports that new and used college economics textbooks from Thompson Learning earned a 28.3% market share of sales in the U.S. and Canada, according to Monument Information Resource. The company has surpassed the title sales of McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc. since 2002 with a 7% annual growth...
- Textbook To Promote Trenchless Technology. // Underground Construction;Dec2003, Vol. 58 Issue 12, p68
Reports on the publication of the first trenchless technology textbook by McGraw-Hill Company in the U.S. in 2004. Inclusion of case studies and design examples; Promotion of understanding and use of trenchless technology methods; Outline of the topics included in the books.
- We bring the world to America's classrooms. Glickman, Judy // Instructor-Intermediate;Oct96, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p86
Highlights Macmillian/McGraw-Hill's approach and objective in creating the `Adventures in Time and Place' textbook program for K-6 Social Studies students. Hands-on activities and technology; Development of citizenship skills; Topics covered; Integration of curriculum areas, technology, skills...
- SNAPSHOT. Bradley, Ann // Education Week;4/27/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p4
The article reports that Carlos Garcia, the superintendent of the Clark County, Nevada, school district, will step down from his post in July to join a major textbook publisher. He will become a vice president of urban markets for the McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc.
- McGraw-Hill Captures Texas Science Adoption, Though Reception is Cool for its E-Book. // Educational Marketer;7/1/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p1
Reports that Texas schools have ordered a majority of science textbooks from New York-based publisher McGraw-Hill Co. Electronic textbook; Assessments to diagnose student comprehension of state's science standards; Prescriptive lessons to help raise student performance.
- Market Dynamics of 2003 Will Continue To Shape K-12 & College Industries in a Challenging 2004. // Educational Marketer;1/12/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p1
Presents forecasts for the U.S. educational publishing industry for 2004. Forecast for college publishing; Budget cuts for textbook purchases in Texas; Efforts of the federal government to make teaching methodologies and materials effective at improving student performance; Reorganization of...
- McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Apr2005, p1
This article presents an overview of McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc., a New York-based provider of global information services. The company publishes textbooks and educational material and also provides services to the financial market. The company generated total revenues of $5250.5 million during the...
- Company Overview. // McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Apr2005, p4
This article presents an overview of McGraw-Hill Cos. Inc., a New York-based provider of global information services. The company publishes textbooks and educational materials. The company generated total revenues of $5250.5 million during the fiscal year ended December 2004, with operating...