Customization Seen as Trend in PreK-12 Strategies
- U.S. Textbooks Are Long on Glitz, But Where's the Beef? Jones, Rebecca // Education Digest;Feb2001, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p23
Comments on the quality of education textbooks in the United States. Changes in format and design; Criticisms on accuracy and content; Discussion on content misunderstanding by students and incorrect assumptions by publishers; Reactions from publishers; Suggestions on what school districts...
- K-12 Publishers Marshall Efforts To Fight Legislative Proposal To Alter Texas Adoption Process. // Educational Marketer;4/11/2005, Vol. 36 Issue 11, p1
Reports on the campaign of K-12 textbook publishers against a proposed legislative bill that will alter the adoption process and lump together funding for technology and textbooks in Texas. Effect of the proposed bill on the textbook selection process; Provisions of the bill; Statement of Steve...
- Harcourt Prevails in Florida Science Adoption with a 51% Share in K-8 Sales. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the suspension of science textbooks orders in grades K-5 by large school districts in Florida. The suspension has sabotaged the revenue expectations of the publishers like Harcourt Science, which dominates the K-5 segment, having a 51.3% share of $37.6 million sales. The...
- Elsevier targets individual physicians. // Information World Review;9/20/2012, p1
The article reports that information provider Elsevier has launched a version of its medical product ClinicalKey, launched in April, which aimed at individual clinicians.
- Bookmakers object to Gov't charity levy. Jack, Louise // Marketing Week;10/23/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p1
The article reports that gambling operators have reacted with dismay to British government's plans to impose a statutory levy to fund the industry charity Responsibility in Gambling Trust. Some operators hope that an agreement can be reached in the next few weeks before the government takes...
- Despite new money, districts say textbook woes are chronic. Manzo, Kathleen Kenned // Education Week;02/19/97, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the problems facing school districts in the United States as a result of low funding for textbooks. Students' reliance on old textbooks; Need for school districts to exchange their old volumes for new and better textbooks; Schools' dependence on state aid to purchase textbooks.
- The Service Guarantee Means Help from the Publisher. Muther, Connie // Educational Leadership;May85, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p79
Stresses the importance of a good service guarantee to the success of a textbook program. Typical purchase errors made by the school district; Steps to find out what to request in a specialized service guarantee for a school district; Ways in which such errors may be avoided through a service...
- Used-text dealer providers novel lease plan. Manzo, Kathleen Kenned // Education Week;08/06/97, Vol. 16 Issue 41, p3
Looks at the textbook sale-and-leasing program approved by the school district in Duval County, Florida with Follett Educational Services. Necessity of the convulted sell-lease arrangement; Aim of this program to cut costs for books; Company's plans that the deal will influence other districts...
- Bible as Text Proposal Rejected by Iowa Voters. // School Library Journal;Oct81, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p69
Reports that a proposal to adopt the Bible as a supplementary textbook was rejected by voters in the Clear Creek School District in Tiffin, Iowa on September 9, 1981. Voting ratio against the proposal; Historical background of the petition.