EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: Answer
- Endometriosis After Surgical Menopause Mimicking Pelvic Malignancy: Surgeons’ Predicament. Bhat, Rani A.; Teo, Melissa; Krishnanand Bhat, Akhil // Oman Medical Journal;May2014, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p226
Prevalence of persistent endometriosis in women after menopause without any hormonal replacement therapy is very rare. This is a case of a woman with previous history of total hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy for endometriosis who presented with hemoperitoneum, vaginal bleeding,...
- GUT CHECK. // Amazing Wellness;Early Winter2015, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p8
An introduction to the journal is presented which focuses on a study which revealed that gut syndrome affects brain, digestive system, and emotions.
- SPECT imaging of the stomach: comparison with barostat, and effects of sex, age, body mass index, and fundoplication. Bouras, E.P.; Delgado-Aros, S.; Camilleri, M.; Castillo, E.J.; Burton, D.D.; Thomforde, G.M.; Chial, H.J. // Gut;Dec2002, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p781
Background: Impaired gastric accommodation may lead to dyspeptic symptoms. A non-invasive method using single photon emission computed tomography (SPECT) has been developed to measure gastric volumes. Aims and methods: Our aims were: to assess the accuracy of SPECT with three dimensional image...
- Which is your diagnosis? de Santana Júnior, Pedro José; Aurione, Ana Caroline Vieira; Dangoni, Rafael; Rodrigues Monteiro da Gama, Roberta; Almeida Noleto, Tiago Marinho; Santos Teixeira, Kim-Ir-Sen // Radiologia Brasileira;jul/ago2014, Vol. 47 Issue 4, pXI
The article presents a case study of a 62-year-old male patient who was complaining with asthenia, anorexia and nauseas. A reported large ulcerated gastric lesion was shown in the computed tomography (CT) scan of the whole abdomen. The patient was diagnosed with type III gastric neuroendocrine...
- Stomach trouble? Andrews, Michelle; Cao, Alex // Self;Feb2004, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p134
Focuses on the identification of the causes of digestive disorder and stomach pain in the U.S. Assessment of the delicate euphemism for nausea; Percentage of Americans suffering from stomach pain; Importance of consultation with the physicians about the problem.
- The stoma that appeared from nowhere. Kuti, Kamal; Paul, Anu; Desai, Ashish // Archives of Disease in Childhood -- Fetal & Neonatal Edition;Jul2012, Vol. 97 Issue 4, pF284
The article presents information on a case of appearance of protrusion which resembles stoma after the treatment of oesophageal atresia.
- Is the presence of diffuse gastric hypermetabolism enough to exclude a gastric tumour? Ã–ZGÃœVEN, Salih; DEDE, Fuat; ONES, Tunç; İNANIR, Sabahat; ERDİ, Tanju Yusuf; TUROGLU, Halil Turgut // Marmara Medical Journal;2013, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p176
A quiz related to a case study of 81-year-old male diagnosed with gastric endocrine tumor is presented.
- Spontaneous splenic rupture: A rare presentation of dengue fever. Mukhopadhyay, Mainak; Chatterjee, Nandini; Maity, Pranab; Patar, Kartik // Indian Journal of Critical Care Medicine;Feb2014 Supplement, Vol. 18 Issue S1, p110
Spontaneous rupture of the spleen with hemoperitoneum is a very rare, but serious manifestation of dengue fever (DF). We report a case of a young female who was presented with atraumatic abdominal pain, hypovolemic shock, anemia, ascites and hepatosplenomegaly with a recent history of a febrile...
- Ga-NOTA-exendin-4 PET/CT in detection of occult insulinoma and evaluation of physiological uptake. Luo, Yaping; Yu, Miao; Pan, QingQing; Wu, Wenming; Zhang, Taiping; Kiesewetter, Dale; Zhu, Zhaohui; Li, Fang; Chen, Xiaoyuan; Zhao, Yupei // European Journal of Nuclear Medicine & Molecular Imaging;Mar2015, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p531
The article presents a case study of a 52-year-old man diagnosed with occult insulinoma. It notes that the patient underwent F-Fluoride positron emission tomography/computed tomography to examine his illness including occult insulinoma and physical uptake. It points out the recovery of the...