EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: Answer
- Pure Yolk Sac (Endodermal Sinus) Tumor of the Liver: A Case Report. Mokhallagh Sani, P.; Tarzamni, M. K.; Aslanabadi, S.; Eftekhar Sadat, A. T.; Mokhallagh Sani, A.; Nezami, N. // Iranian Journal of Radiology;2009, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p93
Hepatic tumors are rare in children. About 50%- 60% of these tumors are malignant. 65% of the liver malignancies are hepatoblastomas and most of the remainder are hepatocellular carcinomas. Yolk sac tumor (YST) is an extremely rare tumor of the liver. We report on a hepatic yolk sac tumor in a...
- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: Answer. // Gut;Jun2005, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p842
The article presents answer to a quiz related to the diagnosis a 75 year old woman who was admitted to Elche University General Hospital for further evaluation of nausea and vomiting related to meals for one month. Helical computed tomography scan revealed a low density, well circumscribed...
- Etiology and management of symptomatic adult hepatic artery thrombosis after orthotopic liver... Drazan, Kenneth; Shaked, Abraham // American Surgeon;Mar1996, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p237
Identifies orthotopic liver transplantation recipients at risk for the development of hepatic artery thrombosis (HAT). Early signs and methods for diagnosis; Surgical treatment strategies following diagnosis; Elevated liver transaminases, sepsis, recurrent cholangitis and gas gangrene of the...
- Busulfan/cyclophosphamide. // Reactions Weekly;5/10/2008, Issue 1201, p11
The article describes the case of a man who developed hepatic venous thrombosis after receiving immunosuppression with cyclophosphamide and busulfan for an allogeneic stem cell transplantation. The patient later died. He was diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukaemia in October 2002 and received...
- AKT answer relating to deep vein thrombosis. // InnovAiT;Nov2012, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p713
The article presents the answer to a question related to deep vein thrombosis.
- Ask Doctor Cory. SerVaas, Cory // Jack & Jill;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p34
The article presents questions and answers related to health including a question about heart attack.
- Diverse Sources of Hepatotoxicity in Rats - A Review. Vichitra Kaushik; Gagandeep Chaudhary; Shoaib Ahmad; Vipin Saini; A. Pandurangan // International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review & Resear;Jul/Aug2013, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p254
No abstract available.
- BILIARY CLEARANCE OF BROMOSULFOPHTHALEIN IN HEALTHY AND KETOTIC HOLSTEIN COWS. Kirovski, Danijela; Sladojević, Željko; Šamanc, Horea // Macedonian Veterinary Review;Sep2013, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p85
Ketosis is a metabolic disorder closely associated with liver lipidosis. Numerous tests have been developed to detect hepatic dysfunction in dairy cows. Bromosulfophthalein (BSP) clearance is established as a sensitive index of hepatic function. The objective of this study was to examine the...
- Ultrasound imaging in an experimental model of fatty liver disease and cirrhosis in rats. Lessa, Andréia S.; Paredes, Bruno D.; Dias, Juliana V.; Carvalho, Adriana B.; Quintanilha, Luiz Fernando; Takiya, Christina M.; Tura, Bernardo R.; Rezende, Guilherme F. M.; de Carvalho, Antonio C. Campos; Resende, Célia M. C.; Goldenberg, Regina C. S. // BMC Veterinary Research;2010, Vol. 6, p6
Background: Domestic dogs and cats are very well known to develop chronic hepatic diseases, including hepatic lipidosis and cirrhosis. Ultrasonographic examination is extensively used to detect them. However, there are still few reports on the use of the ultrasound B-mode scan in correlation...