EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: Answer
- Pathophysiology and pharmacotherapy of Alzheimer's disease (AD). Pithadia, Anand // Internet Journal of Pharmacology;2008, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p1
Alzheimer's disease (AD) can be diagnosed with a considerable degree of accuracy. In some centers, clinical diagnosis predicts the autopsy diagnosis with 90% certainty in series reported from academic centers. The characteristic histopathologic changes at autopsy include neurofibrillary tangles,...
- Dolor: Origen y ModulaciÃ³n. Implicaciones MÃºsculo-EsquelÃ©ticas en la GÃ©nesis del Dolor. Tortorici, Víctor // Informe Medico;mar2011, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p99
No abstract available.
- Diagnosis and management of soft tissue sarcoma. Sinha, Shiba; Peach, A. Howard S. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;1/15/2011, Vol. 342 Issue 7789, p157
The article offers clinical information on soft tissue sarcoma, a heterogeneous group of tumors of mesodermal origin. Soft tissue sarcoma may occur at any age, with rhabdomyosarcoma being the most common in children and young adults. It may be de nove, radiation-induced or associated with...
- SINDROM MASQUERADE ÅžI MELANOMUL MALIGN CUTANAT ACROMIC -- CAZ CLINIC. // Jurnalul de Chirurgie;2010, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p333
No abstract available.
- Probing the unknown in cancer of unknown primary: which way is the right way? Pentheroudakis, G.; Pavlidis, N. // Annals of Oncology;Jun2010, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p1143
The authors reflect on cancer of unknown primary origin (CUP) and the medical intervention for this type of cancer. The authors state that CUP incidence is not rare as it accounts for three to five percent of newly developed tumours diagnosed yearly. They also offer an analysis on a study which...
- Atypical congenital mesoblastic nephroma presenting in the perinatal period. Jones, Vinci S.; Cohen, Ralph C. // Pediatric Surgery International;Mar2007, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p205
Congenital mesoblastic nephroma (CMN) is a rare tumour of infancy having an overall good prognosis. The less common, atypical CMNs have cellular elements in them and tend to have an unpredictable course. Occurrence in the perinatal period may further change the outcome. By reporting three...
- Feeling generally ill. // American Medical Association Family Medical Guide;2004, p206
A diagram is presented that illustrates the evolution of illnesses.
- Sclerosing Mesenteritis Masquerading as a Small Bowel Mesentery Neoplasm. Rader, Melissa; Cofer, Joseph // American Surgeon;Aug2008, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p743
The article focuses on a case of sclerosing mesenteritis initially diagnosed as small bowel mesentery neoplasm in a 65-year-old man treated in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Sclerosing mesenteritis is referred to as a rare and usually idiopathic disease whose causative factors may include a history of...
- Parkinson's Disease: A Review. Scott, Day M.; Brown, Dana A. // Drug Topics;Aug2009, Vol. 153 Issue 8, p40
The article provides information on Parkinson's disease, its diagnosis and treatment. It reviews current treatment strategies and goals for the care of patients with this disease. It discusses the etiology, pathophysiology, clinical presentation and diagnostics. It assesses the nonpharmacologic...