Being `Positive' Helps... a Lot: Motivating Employees
- Action plan: Creating environment that motivates can awaken employee potential. // Nation's Restaurant News;6/24/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 25, p44
Presents the motivating factors that can awaken the potential of food service employees. Influence of idealism on employees; Importance of giving trainees achievable tasks; Effect of affiliation with the team.
- More operators push motivation. // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the results of a study indicating that only a few food service operators have formal motivation programs for employees in the United States. Efforts to remedy the situation; Importance of employee motivation.
- HOW TO DO IT--AND MAKE IT STICK: SANITATION MOTIVATION. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p101
Offers suggestions to motivating food service employees to adhere a higher standard of food safety. Remarks from Bob Pizzi, food service director for FAME Food Management Inc. at the Quincy Mental Health Center in Quincy, Massachusetts; Importance of shared responsibilities.
- Promoting Loyalty. Lipton, David // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jul2003, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p86
Discusses the role of employee incentive programs in helping foodservice operators retain their best workers. Ways to reward employees; Benefits of knowing what makes employees feel rewarded; Methods of measuring employee performance.
- How to hold on to your best employees. // Food Management;Jun99, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p24
Cites suggestions from key players in the food service industry on how to keep employees happy in their present jobs. Appreciation for employees; Flexible work schedules; Tuition reimbursement programs; Training programs for employees.
- Motivation Strategy. Stern, Gerry; Borcia, Yvette // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p18
Focuses on personnel management strategies to motivate employees. Recognition of business scenarios that erode motivation; Suggestion to implement economic rewards to motivate employees; Offering of opportunities for career growth.
- Retaining Top Talent. Zingheim, Patricia K. // Executive Excellence;Mar2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p20
Provides six principles in developing a reward system to enhance employee performance. Creation of a positive and natural reward incentive; Alignment of rewards with business goals to create a win-win partnership; Recognition of individual ongoing value with base pay.
- Modern leadership is a motivation matter. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p13
Reports on survey findings indicating a moderate level of motivation among employees in Great Britain, as of November 1997. Lesser identification of employees with their companies; Growing sense of insecurity in workplaces; Role of leadership in motivating employees. INSET: Soundbites..
- Motivating employees. // Credit Union Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 69 Issue 4, p56
Focuses on motivating employees. Work culture and environment; Use of incentives in motivating employees; Incentives directed at individuals or groups.