More Web-Friendly Today: Food Purchasing Tools
- In brief. // Food Management;Nov2005, Vol. 40 Issue 12, p15
This article presents news briefs related to the food industry in the U.S. Ca One Services Inc., a subsidiary of Delaware North Cos. Inc., has a new name after 65 years of service: Delaware North Cos. Travel Hospitality Services. The company Sodexho USA has announced plans to operate Starbucks...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;8/25/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p18
Reports developments in food industry in the U.S. as of August 25, 2003. Reorganization of the contract food service business of Metz & Associates Ltd.; Recipients of the Philip A. Connelly Award; Appointment of Jeremy Jacob as chairman and chief executive of Delaware North Cos. of U.S. Travel...
- Publisher's Letter. Gould, Alan // Nation's Restaurant News;12/12/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 50, Special Section p3
The article provides an overview of Delaware North Cos. Inc. The company laid the groundwork for one of foodservice's most successful companies. The owners started the business with a lot of determination and hard work. The company has established a legacy in the hospitality and foodservice...
- NEWS DIGESTS. // Nation's Restaurant News;2/27/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p38
The article reports on developments in food service industry in the U.S. Charlotte, North Carolina-based Compass Group USA Inc. has announced a new sustainable-seafood policy that calls for the removal of threatened fish species from its menus. On the other hand, Gaithersburg, Maryland-based...
- Execs: remembering human element key to successful technology rollouts. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;5/12/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p29
The article offers information on the 13th Annual International Foodservice Technology Exposition held in Grapevine, Texas. It states that the executives in the panels affirms that human element is essential behind how and where hardware and software are applied. According to Dennis Szefel,...
- Delaware North... Billion Dollar Niche Player. // Food Management;Dec98, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p34
Provides information on Delaware North Companies (DNC), a sports concession business owned by Marvin Jacobs, Charles Jacobs and Louis Jacobs. Background of the company; Services that the company offers; Divisions of DNC.
- At Delaware North, Leisure is Serious Business. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p40
Focuses on the success of food service management for Delaware North Companies, Inc. Location of headquarters; Establishment of the company in 1915; Composition of the top management; Total amount of revenues for 2001.
- FEWER CUSTOMERS, MORE BUSINESS. // Food Management;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p46
Focuses on the operations of airport business by CA One division of the Delaware North Companies, Inc. Temporary shutdown of operations due to the September 11 terrorist attack; Impact of the terrorist attack in the profitability of the company; Issues on the location of retail operations.
- PRESERVING PUBLIC TRUSTS. // Food Management;Jun2002, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p50
Profiles on the operation of food service management by Parks Services of the North Delaware Companies, Inc. Significance on the opening of national parks for competitive bidding; Contract of DNC with Yosemite National Park; Accumulation of DNC on high profile park contracts.