Food in Review
- Food That Fools You. SILEN, ANDREA // National Geographic Kids;Apr2013, Issue 429, p24
The article looks at the food and drinks that provide visual deception. Stylists made a bubbly orange juice through mixing 2 drops of soap in a separate container before adding into the juice with a spoon. Stylists painted the white areas of sliced strawberries with a red food coloring applied...
- STREET SMARTS. VEENHUYZEN, MAX // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Mar2012, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p156
The article presents several Thai street food for the adventurous. One of the tastiest vegetable-based health drinks around is nahm bai bua bok. Another popular drink is the freshly pressed pomegranate juice. There are available sweets including kanom tuay or coconut custard and still warm kanom...
- Breakfast Treat. Horn, Clare; Althoff, Susanne; Nachatelo, Melissa // Natural Health;Apr2001, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p26
Introduces the Vans Organic and Soy Flax Waffles. Contents of the organic product; Assessment of the waffles; Product pricing.
- Ask Hungry Girl. // Redbook;Aug2012, Vol. 219 Issue 2, p154
The article provides an answer to a question of how to resist eating pancakes.
- food. // Australian Gourmet Traveller;Oct2015, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p107
The article highlights food trends that include the popularity of crepes, the art of charcuterie, and French saucy bÃ©arnaise for beef.
- DAWN 'TIL DUSK. JAMES, COURTNEE // Jacksonville Magazine;Jun2016, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p188
The article offers tips on eating during Ramadan's sunrise known as suhoor and sunset known as iftar including chapatis, fattoush crackerbread, and Qatayef pancake.
- What's next for menus. JENNINGS, LISA // Nation's Restaurant News;12/8/2014, Vol. 48 Issue 23, p23
The article discusses hot food and beverage trends for 2015, based on the 8th annual report published by consulting firm Andrew Freeman & Co. Topics explored include the launch of taco restaurant concepts, the increasing availability of spicy menu items, the growing preference of chefs for...
- Living with allergies: Your store cupboard. Sherwood, Alice // Allergy-Free Cookbook;2007, p45
The article offer information on the essential foods and ingredients that people with food allergies can store in the cupboard. Stock up gluten-free baked breakfast goods like muffins, pancake and bread mixes. Gluten-free bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, lighter flours, xanthum gum and eggs...
- Pub Food. // Publican's Morning Advertiser;3/6/2014, Issue 138, p25
The article offers information on various topics related to pub. Topics discussed include events and promotional ideas for pub which include ale-tasting masterclasses, idea to host large-scale party, selling of home snack items such as hot cakes and doughnuts, and the idea of pub operator Robot...