Creating Comfort Combos: Stews and Chilies
- Put chili on the menu. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p92
Focuses on the soups and stews offered by business and industry food service operators in the United States. Soups offered at Chubb & Son headquarters in Warren, New Jersey; Cooking styles of food operators; Vegetable stews offered at Putnam Investments corporate headquarters in Boston,...
- Recipe corner. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p102
Presents recipes of soups and stews served by food operators in the United States. Includes West Coast Chili; Chicken Soup Brunoise With Eggdrops; Lentil Stew; Greek Strew.
- Make it hearty, ethnic. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p94
Focuses on the soups and stews offered by hospital and healthcare institutions by food service operators in the United States. Offerings at McKendree Village in Hermitage, Tennessee; Availability of a rotation of ten different soups at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, Maryland; Recipe for...
- Southwest. // Indianapolis Monthly;Dec2004, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p39
The article reports on the Ice House, a preferred lunchtime and after-work hangout for generations of clockpunchers in Indiana. The Ice House serves up juicy breaded tenderloins, catfish and shrimp. This restaurant also maintains up-to-date, elegant decor and a menu of classically prepared...
- More scratch varieties. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p96
Focuses on the soups and stews offered at colleges and universities by food service operators in the United States. Offerings at University of Northern Colorado; Availability of three kinds of soups at Oregon State University in Corvallis; Recipe for chicken noodle at Pennsylvania State University.
- CHICKEN SOUP. J.G. // Atlanta;Feb2006, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p190
This article presents information on chicken soups offered at several restaurants in Atlanta, Georgia. Loaf & Kettle offers a hearty blend of large white-meat chicken chunks, lice, celery, carrots and onions with tiny bits of jalapeno pepper. Metrofresh offers Tuscan chicken stew. A medley of...
- A stew by any other name. // Prepared Foods;Mar95, Vol. 164 Issue 3, p75
Presents information on stew meals of different countries. Includes ingredients of kurmas in Malaysia; Daube in France; Stew in the Caribbean.
- Stewing over meat: Warm and hearty winter dishes. // Tufts University Diet & Nutrition Letter;Dec93, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p6
Suggests stews as a wise combination of the essence of mother's home cooking with the essentials of good nutrition. Nutritional contents of stew; Why stews are easily prepared as low-fat; Recipe of beef and vegetable stew with beer; Pork stew with sweet potatoes and corn recipe.
- Burgoo bliss. Lundy, Ronni // Louisville Magazine;Apr97, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p52
Presents a recipe for burgoo stew. Ingredients; Cooking preparation and direction; Serving suggestion.