A sure-fire crowd-pleaser
- Up with the chickens? Where to get eggs. Gerst, Virginia // Crain's Chicago Business;11/15/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p54
The article presents information on the places in Chicago to have breakfast. On of them is Holiday Neighborhood Grill & Bar. Bar's room is brightly lit and welcoming, with plastic green-and-white-checkered cloths on the tables, free copies of the daily papers on the bar and framed photos of...
- POOF! YOUR PLACE JUST GOT DOUBLED. Forman, Janet // Restaurant Business;Mar2006, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p14
This article presents information on how four sites became eight separate restaurants when their owners divvied up the dayparts. Blue House CafÃ© in Portland, Maine, serves home-style breakfast and lunch from 7 am to 2:30 pm. Francisco's serves international fare from 5:30 until close. Blue...
- Los Angeles on collision course with new franchise opportunities. SPECTOR, AMY // Nation's Restaurant News;02/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p102
Focuses on the culinary business in Los Angeles, California. Franchise opportunities; Amount contributed by local business owners in 1998 to improve Los Angeles through its Business Improvement Districts.
- Membership can be a brand builder. Birchall, Colin // Wholesale News;Nov2011, Issue 11, p14
The author offers his opinion on the philosophy of some major brands in Great Britain regarding pricing, promotions and marketing for food service which he regards as incorrect, inappropriate and inefficient.
- Puff & Pao. // New York;8/22/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 29, p50
Features the Puff and Pao, a new bakery at the West Village in New York City in 2005. Range of bakery product offerings; House specialties; Growth targets and strategies.
- Regional favorites win sales. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p128
Presents information on some of the most popular meats which are chosen to prepare breakfasts in the United States, highlighting the breakfasts prepared at the Providence Health Center, Waco, Texas. Reference to the burritos which are made at the facility; Costs of the burritos; Information on...
- New survey probes breakfast trends, operator views. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/21/97, Vol. 31 Issue 29, The Breakfast Journal p4
Highlights a survey conducted by Food Insights on American foodservice breakfast operators. Addition of new menu items; Popularity of grab-and-go food; Increase of sales.
- Scrambling for customers. Kochak, Jacque // Restaurant Business;10/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p105
Provides an overview on the current trend in the full-serve breakfast business. Less competitions as in other segments; Solid traffic counts and loyal customers; Little growth posted in the segment; Expected growth of the breakfast market; Impact of fast-food companies' promotion of breakfast;...
- A.M. adventures. Kochak, Jacque // Restaurant Business;10/10/96, Vol. 95 Issue 15, p132
Reports on the new product introductions made by breakfast specialty restaurants. Comfort food; Updating but not too exotic; Country Kitchen's skillet breakfast; Danger in getting too adventurous; IHOP's Ultimate Steak.