They're a High-Growth $9 Bil. Market: Functional Foods
- Health conscious eating can lead to profits. Cvetan, Dana // Dairy Field;Feb98, Vol. 181 Issue 2, p19
Provides information about the nutraceutical market. Reasons why nutraceuticals appeal to a variety of consumers; Overall sales of weight control/protein supplements brands; Why the nutraceutical market is broadening.
- Regulating health claims on food products. Unnevehr, Laurian; Ward, Michael R.; Hasler, Clare // Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm & Resource Issues;1998 1st Quarter, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p26
Discusses the potential benefits of functional foods. Policy regulating health claims of functional foods; Evaluation of policy decisions in functional foods; Potential of functional foods to improve consumer well-being.
- Functional Foods. Mogelonsky, Marcia // American Demographics;Feb99, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p15
Discusses the benefits of functional foods. Examples of functional foods from various manufacturers; Reason behind the increased interest in functional foods; Details on studies done regarding the awareness of the people on eating healthy foods.
- An uneven playing field. Dickinson, Annette // Dairy Industries International;Aug2001, Vol. 66 Issue 8, p22
Focuses on the potential health claims involving functional foods in the United States. Meaning of functional foods; Types of label claims available for functional foods; Definition of nutritive value; Information on the 1990 Nutrition Labeling and Education Act.
- Foods That Serve You. Chillot, Rick // Men's Health;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p94
Lists problems with functional foods. Difficulty in evaluating functional foods; Insubstantial amount of active ingredients; Misleading research beyond health claims; Other sources of healthy ingredients; Examples of functional foods.
- Keep It Simple Stupid. // Nutraceuticals World;Oct2009, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p10
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including one by Erik Goldman's opinion of the proposed health care reform in the U.S., a cover story about children's health, and "Kids & Heart Health," by Liz Sloan.
- Are Juiced-Up Juices And Other `Functional Foods' Truly Healthful? Walsh, Julie // Environmental Nutrition;Jun2000, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p1
Examines the health benefits of functional foods.
- NUTRACEUTICAL TRENDS: THE INSIDE STORY. Tenerelli, Mary Jane // Global Cosmetic Industry;Feb2002, Vol. 170 Issue 2, p40
Focuses on the growth of nutraceutical industry in the U.S. Use of nutraceutical products to support whole-body wellness; Focus of product marketing to middle-age individuals; Alliance between food and drink manufacturers and pharmaceutical companies to produce effective products.
- A Good Guide. Moloughney, Sean // Nutraceuticals World;Oct2013, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p10
An introduction to articles published in this issue is presented including an article on heart health and an article on emerging opportunities in the nutraceuticals industry.