Branding in Schools: Kids are `pre-programmed.'
- TO BOOST COUNTS: Chesapeake schools list menu brands. // FoodService Director;12/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the effort of cafeterias in the Chesapeake School District to list brand names on their menu as of December 15, 2002. Goal of the cafeterias with regard to the initiative; Brand names included in the menu; List of other foods introduced by the cafeterias.
- Brands by the slice. Pearl, Anita R. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p116
Reports on the success of pizza brands in schools in the United States. Kinds of pizzas; Price per slice; Recipe for Hawaiian Pizza.
- Food branding in schools: Branding forms marketing allies. // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p18s
Reports on food brand promotions in schools in the United States. Use of point-of-sale in promotions; Giveaway programs; Huntington Beach's scratch-off promotion; Washington Apples' Apple Lunch Box Derby promotion; Florida Citrus' T-shirt giveaway.
- NEWS. // FoodService Director;8/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p5
Presents news briefs on the food industry in the U.S. as of August 15, 2004. Resignation of Nadeem Siddiqui as executive director of dining services at Stanford University; Launch of specialty salads at Palm Beach School District as reimbursable meals in its middle schools and high schools;...
- marketwatch. // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p9
The article offers updates on the U.S. food service sector. A contract was signed by Aramark with New York Mets baseball club to provide food, beverages and retail services at Citi Field. The Dining Services department at the University of Virginia was accepted into the Virginia Environmental...
- Sponsors call for entries to annual FAME awards. // Nation's Restaurant News;07/24/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p138
Reports on the nominations sought by Basic American Foods, Campbell Soup Co., Quick-to-Fix Foods and Tyson Foods for the Foodservice Achievement Management Excellence (FAME) 2001 Awards. Recognition given to school foodservice professionals who had raised the industry standards in the United...
- TO THE NON-COMMERCIAL MENU: ADDING 'NEW ETHNICS'. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p74
Discusses the factors being considered by food service operators in the U.S. when planning to add popular ethnic food items to their menus. Challenge for food service operators considering ethnic foods; Variety of condiments offered at San Jose State University in California; Food item concepts...
- in brief. // Food Management;Sep2007, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p20
The article offers news briefs related to developments in the food industry in the U.S. A multi-year agreement has been engaged by Baylor College of Medicine to Luby's Inc.'s cafeteria chain operator, to provide culinary services for its Texas Medical Center campus in Houston, Texas. Thompson...
- Stakeholder perspectives on national policy for regulating the school food environment in Mexico. Monterrosa, Eva C; Campirano, Fabricio; Tolentino Mayo, Lizbeth; Frongillo, Edward A; Hernández Cordero, Sonia; Kaufer-Horwitz, Martha; Rivera, Juan A // Health Policy & Planning;Feb2015, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p28
In Mexico, the school environment has been promoting sale of unhealthy foods. There is little empirical evidence on multi-stakeholder perspectives around national school food policy to regulate this. We studied stakeholdersâ€™ perspectives on the proposed regulation for school sale of...