Proving Ground: Branders set sights on more n/t in 2000
- Sbarro to roll out fast-casual prototype, expand Carmela's. Frumkin, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;5/29/2006, Vol. 40 Issue 22, p8
The article reports on Sbarro Inc.'s plan to pursue several initiatives that executives expect will open new avenues of growth. The company's growth plan includes the expansion of Carmela's of Brooklyn, a casual-dining concept. The company also plans to branch out into suburban strip centers in...
- A shot of reality. Mehegan, Sean // Restaurant Business;05/15/99, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p21
Discusses the efforts of Starbucks Coffee Co. to promote its breakfast and lunch items. Questionable quality of Starbucks' breakfast items; Starbucks' switch to a new food supplier according to company president Orin Smith; Expansion of a lunch program; New lunch items.
- Starbucks' March same-store sales increase 7 percent. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/14/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 15, p12
Reports on the increase of the same-store sales of Starbucks Corp., based in Seattle, Washington, for the period ended March 30, 2003.
- SEGMENT SIGNALS. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p1
Presents updates on the food service industry in the U.S. as of September 15, 2003. Information on a contract signed by Sodexho with Michigan State University in East Lansing; Establishment of Sbarro restaurants in movie theaters in several states; Decision of the Texas Department of...
- CONNECTIONS. // FoodService Director;9/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p66
Presents updates on the food service industry in the U.S., as of September 2003. Use of a CD-ROM beverage promotion by Sbarro; Membership services offered by the McCormick's Flavor by Design menu-building program; Discounts on Dole Pouch Packs offered by Dole Food Service.
- Blue Chip Bistro at PSU. // Food Management;Apr2006, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p23
The article reports on the launch of a cafÃ© and coffee bar by Blue Chip Bistro at Penn State University's new Business Building in University Park, Pennsylvania. The university teamed up with Sbarro to put up the bistro. A deli case stocked with European-style sandwiches and panini's gourmet...
- Sbarro Recharged. Hynum, Rick // PMQ Pizza Magazine;Aug2014, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p48
The article presents information on the business expansion of pizza chain Sbarro. The pizza chain hopes to bounce back after emerging from Chapter 11 bankruptcy with a new entry in the fast-casual segment. Sbarro has launched Pizza Cucinova and is also planning to launch a concept, called...
- Updating Old World recipes. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p86
Looks at the Italian food innovations served in corporate cafeterias in the United States. Addition of Nestle/Minor red sauce concentrate and Rich pizza dough to the Canteen Cuisine food program; Spaghetti and meatballs offered by Sbarro restaurant chain; Strategy used by L.A. Food Services in...
- News briefs. // Nation's Restaurant News;04/19/99, Vol. 33 Issue 16, p3
Reports on developments related to food service in the United States as of April 19, 1999. Includes Ron Magruder's resignation as president, chief operating officer and director of CBRL Group Inc.; A and W Restaurants Inc.'s licensing agreement with Yogurt Ventures USA Inc.