A Busy Year: Mergers, start-ups liven GPO activity
- Morning Glory brand name survives mergers. // Rural Cooperatives;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p12
Focuses on the survival of Morning Glory brand name after a series of cooperative mergers in Wisconsin. Accounts on the acquisition of the brand name by the Association Milk Producers Inc.; Adoption of rules governing the federal milk marketing order system; Expansion of the mix of cheese products.
- Co-op joins high society. Huxley, Lucy; Banerjee, Tina // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/24/2003, Issue 2552, p14
Focuses on the decision of the Co-operative Society to merge the commercial and marketing functions of the member societies in Great Britain. List of member societies; Creation of the Co-operative Travel Trading Group by the societies; Benefits of the merger for the societies. INSET: CO-OP...
- Co-op buys Michigan Sugar. // Rural Cooperatives;May/Jun2002, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p31
Reports the acquisition of sugarbeet growers cooperative on the Michigan Sugar Co. at Carrolton, Michigan. Pricing; Negotiation; Marketing strategies.
- Frontier Cooperative, Husker Co-op merge. // Rural Cooperatives;Mar/Apr2014, Vol. 81 Issue 2, p39
The article reports on the merger between farmer cooperatives (co-op) Frontier Cooperative Co. and Husker Co-op both from Nebraska.
- Texas ag co-ops merging. // Rural Cooperatives;May/Jun2016, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p35
The article reports that the Ag Producers Co-op and Dalhart Consumers Fuel Association will be merging, to create a great coop able to serve the farmers and ranchers of the Texas Panhandle, Texas and the unified co-op will operate under the Ag Producers Co-op name.
- Blue-Light Specials. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2001, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p10
Announces several acquisitions of equipment vendors in the United States. Merger of Amdocs and Nortel Networks; Purchase of BellSouth International by Illuminet Holdings; Acquisition of Lucent Technologies by NMS Communications.
- ProCoop established. Prieto, Wilfredo // Caribbean Business;4/23/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 16, p10
Focuses on ProCoop, the alliance formed by three cooperative in Puerto. Identification of the cooperatives involved in the alliance; ProCoops' slogan; Detailed information on the cooperatives involved in the alliance; Information on ProCoop.
- Coping with change: Merger of local farm supply co-ops forces boards to deal with emotional issues. Hanson, Katherine L. // Rural Cooperatives;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on the plan for a merger between local farm supply cooperatives in Frederick County, Maryland. Operational background of the cooperatives; Challenges in the merger; Goals of the merger. INSET: SS Frederick member supported co-op merger despite all hurdles.
- Agland and Green Valley co-ops vote on merger. SEACHRIST, KRISTY FOSTER // Farm & Dairy;4/17/2014, Vol. 100 Issue 30, pA1
The article reports on a meeting conducted by the board of directors of agricultural cooperatives Agland Co-op Inc. and Green Valley Co-op which discussed and voted for the possible merger of the two companies.