Makes Food a Selling Point: Chicago retirement center keeps pace, goes upscale
- PLAN TARGETS SERVICES AGENCIES: BATEMAN BRACING FOR SRS. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p36
Focuses on the home-delivered meal program of Bateman Healthcare/Compass Group in the United States. How it customizes its services; How it involves clients in the menu planning process; Factors considered in menu planning.
- Why Residents Now Love Dining at Laurel Lake. // Food Management;Dec2001, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on in-house foodservice operation at the Laurel Lake Retirement Community in Hudson, Ohio. Services to residents in terms of food quality and personal interaction; Enumeration of amenities included; Range of fees for residents per month. INSETS: Fastfacts;Bridging the generation gap.
- Combines fine dining, special diets: Waterman Village raises resident satisfaction scores. // FoodService Director;1/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p8
Focuses on the food service at Waterman Village, a retirement complex in Mount Dora, Florida. Development of a diabetic/heart-healthy menu; Direct correlation between the level of satisfaction with food and the whole complex; Diabetic considerations.
- SLATED FOR FALL 2003 OPENING: LIFE CARE CTR. TO VARY F/S OPTIONS. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p14
Presents information on the foodservice options of Inverness Village, a life care retirement center in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Dining venues; Other services for the residents.
- At Merrill Gardens Sr. unit: Going beyond the menu. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p56
Focuses on the food service at Merrill Gardens, a retirement community in Whittier, California. Comments from food service director Dorothy Rocha; Efforts to improve staff at the facility; What is being done to enhance the meal experience at the facility.
- Arizona CCRC Gains Gluten-free Certification. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p14
The article announces that the Grandview Terrace senior living center in Sun City, Arizona has earned a gluten-free certification by the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness following the center's upgrades and staff training.
- Selling seniors with foodservice. LaVecchia, Gina // Food Management;Nov97, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p34
Focuses on the important role played by the foodservice in retirement communities. Foodservice as a selling tool for the facilities; Marketing strategies used for the promotion of facilities; Projected number of facilities in the United States from 1997 to 2050. INSET: Foodservice in the...
- New bistro at CCRC increases customer satisfaction,... Watkins, Carolyn // Food Management;Jun98, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p20
Highlights the food service at the Willow Valley Lifecare Retirement Communities in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Information on the complex; Profile of the community's residents; Details on the food served in the bistro.
- Florida CCRC expands employee meal charges. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the expansion of employee meal charges at the John Knox Village, an upscale continuing care/retirement community in Orange City, Florida. Allowance of employees to pre-purchase one meal a day, five days a week from the community's snack bar; Coverage of meals and retail purchases;...