Looking Up: About Grab-&-Go
- Food fight! McAllister, J.F.O.; Horowitz, Janice M. // Time;11/25/1996, Vol. 148 Issue 24, p23
Lists the five best and five worst top colleges and universities in terms of the healthfulness of their food-service offerings, as ranked by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine.
- Meeting varied demand. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p95
Describes the typical diet of a college student in the United States. Nutritional promotions run in the residence halls and cash operations at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina; Importance of listing nutritional information; Meals offered to college students.
- Meatless for meat-eaters. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p102
Highlights the efforts of foodservice employees in several colleges and universities in the United States in enticing students to eat vegetarian diets. Advantages of offering vegetarian menus; Offering from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo; Area at the University of...
- A College/Univ. Case Study: Healthy, satisfying meals at the Univ. of Rhode Island. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;02/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p112
Focuses on the approach developed by the University of Rhode Island in Kingston in making sure college students stay healthy and satisfied with their meals. Comments from Susan Ash, staff dietitian at the university; Information on the belief that the number of vegetarians in the university is...
- Holy Cross' Kimball to Kitchen Puts Fresh Food in Students' Hands. // FoodService Director;1/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the development of the Kimball to Kitchen program by the dining services at the College of Holy Cross in Worchester, Massachusetts in an effort to meet the need for students to purchase fresh produce without having to regularly visit a grocery store.
- Food fight: Winners, losers. Salomon, Jeniffer; Horn, Clare // Natural Health;May/Jun97, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the rating made by the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine of the top colleges and universities in the United States on the availability of healthy, low-fat and vegetarian foods in their cafeterias. High marks received by Duke University, University of Pennsylvania and...
- UConn Students Chow Down on "Waste". // Food Management;Oct/Nov2016, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p40
The article focuses on the Tasty Waste lunch hosted by the University of Connecticut (UConn) Dining Services and its College of Agriculture, Health and Natural Resources (CAHNR) on September 21. The menu for the event prepared from foods destined for the landfill. According to Rob Landolphi,...
- tray chic. Harkinson, Josh // Mother Jones;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p47
The article profiles Tim Galarneau, the founder of the Real Food Challenge, an organization that seeks to introduce environmentally and nutritionally sound food into U.S. college and university dining halls. It is noted that Galameau began his organization following the student request for...
- Focus on the Food. // Food Management;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p80
The article presents information about the marketplace at the Kimmel Canter, New York University (NYU), New York City. It is located at the third floor of NYU's brand new 10-story Helen & Martin Kimmel Center for University Life, located on historic Washington Square near LaGuardia Place in...