A Change of Plans: Ogden/VSA deal off
- Ogden to acquire Volume Services in $342M pact. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;07/05/99, Vol. 33 Issue 27, p1
Reports the acquisition of Volume Services America (VSA) by Ogden Corp in New York. Terms and advantages of the acquisition deal; Services provided by Ogden VSA; Union activity in Tinseltown Studios; Proposed wage cutback and service-charge-sharing-deal of Ogden; Features of Tinseltown Studios...
- Ogden, Volume services merge. // Food Management;Aug99, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p14
Reports on Ogden Corp. Entertainment Group's agreement to acquire Volume Services America Inc. and to form the entity Ogden VSA.
- Hails `Sticking to Our Knitting': Ogden/VSA exec. eyes stadium growth. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the plan of Ogden Corporation's Entertainment Group to acquire the food service business of Volume Services America Inc. Amount involved in the deal; Financial information on both companies; Factor that prompted the planned acquisition.
- Ogden ends plan to spin off aviation, entertainment units; both for sale. King // Nation's Restaurant News;09/27/99, Vol. 33 Issue 39, p1
Reports that Ogden Corp. has scrapped earlier plans to spin off its financially troubled aviation and entertainment divisions as a separate, publicly traded entity and has put the units on the sales block. Uncertain fate of an earlier deal with Volume Services America; Departure of longtime...
- Aramark gets Entertainment Unit from Ogden. // Food Management;May2000, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p23
Reports that Aramark Corp. has signed an agreement to acquire all of the food and beverage concessions and venue business of Ogden Corp. Value of the acquisition deal; Ogden clients; Total number of Aramark's sports and entertainment businesses.
- Safeguarding a Symbol. // Time;4/25/1969, Vol. 93 Issue 17, p108
The article reports on the acquisition of the famous "21" restaurant's tangible assets by Ogden Corp.'s chairman worth 10 million dollars in Manhattan, New York. It mentions that the acquisition also solved the merger problem of 21's owner, Bob Kriendler, Pete Kreindler, cousin Jerry Berns and...
- AND BROADEN VENUE MGMT. BUSINESS: ARAMARK to acquire Ogden. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p18
Reports that ARAMARK Corp. has signed an agreement to acquire the food and beverage concessions and venue management business of Ogden Corp. Value of the acquisition; Types of facilities served by ARAMARK; Customers of Ogden; Information on the plans of Ogden to sell its Entertainment and...
- Bridgeport Arena will be 'spectator parlor' Scott, Andrew // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/18/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 51, p10
Reports on Volume Services America Inc.'s marketing of 42 suites in Bridgeport Arena. Schedule of completion of the arena; Amenities offered; Range price of the suites.
- Chefs share catering knowledge at Volume Services symposium. // Nation's Restaurant News;9/17/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p18
Reports on the annual Chef's Symposium of Volume Services America at the Ontario Convention Center in California. Features of the 2001 symposium; Opportunities provided by the conference to Volume Services chefs; Number of students joining the professional teams.