On Vending Giveaways: ARAMARK links with Kmart
- Vending takes its turn. // FoodService Director;11/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p8
This article reports that Aramark has added elements of its Just4U healthy dining initiative, introduced in 2004, to its vending services business. Aramark established familiar parameters for vended foods to qualify for Just4U status; foods must be low in fat, carbohydrates and calories, while...
- AN FSD NEWSTRACK EXCLUSIVE: EXITE@HOME BROADENS VENDING FOR `CYBERTIME'. // FoodService Director;08/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on the expansion of the vending contract of ARAMARK with Internet service provider Excite@Home. Details on the commencement of the vending services of ARAMARK at the Excite@Home's headquarters in Redwood City, California; Food items that are popular among employees; How beverages are...
- With New ARAMARK Contract: U-Penn eyes vend sale bump. // FoodService Director;09/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the agreement between ARAMARK and the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia regarding the management of the school's vending machine program. Expectations of the school from the agreement; Marketing plans of ARAMARK; Information on the vending machine operations of the company...
- Aramark Refreshment Services tests new vending technology. // Nation's Restaurant News;06/16/97, Vol. 31 Issue 24, p58
Reports on Aramark Corp.'s testing of vending machine that keeps a tally of products sold. Savings on labor; Improvement of sales by keeping track of products that sell out frequently.
- Vending Gets Healthy(er). // Food Management;Jul2011, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p42
The article reports on the success of the Just You healthy vending program of Aramark Corp. in the U.S. It mentions that the scheme kicked off in 2005 aimed at providing quality, sustainable and healthy choices of food to the people. According to Mark Freeman, senior manager of services of...
- PACKAGING IS KEY TO HOT FOOD SALES: VENDING HEATS UP. Wolson, Shelley // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p100
Reports on the popularity of vended hot food products in the U.S. as of July 15, 2002. Food items used by Automatic Chef Co.; Features of Hot Choice vending machines; Remarks from Dennis Plaster, vending supervisor for Ft. Hood military base in Killeen, Texas on how the hot food vending machine...
- `Out-of-service' time reductions: Break-downs. Lackey, G.E. // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p216
Reports on the impact of vending machine breakdowns on food service operations. Vending machines' integration of electronic technology; Downtime reduction in vending machine servicing; Sales effect of broken vending machines.
- DOWN THE ROAD: Vending viewed as solution to difficult climate. // FoodService Director;1/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the reasons vending could very well become dominant method of foodservice in non-commercial settings. Debate among foodservice operators about vending in schools; How corporations will look at vending; Suggestion regarding cold food vending.
- ALL MARKETS: Self-op sales ahead of ind. avg. by 31%. // FoodService Director;10/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p63
Presents updates on the status of vending sales in non-commercial food service market in the United States as of October 15, 2000. Percentage of increase in sales; Average vending machine sales; Key trends in vending food service market.