In Wake of QSRs: Campus operators explore brand alternatives, choices
- Food branding on campus: More branded carts & stations. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p10s
Reports on campus food service operators' use of manufacturer brand names. Effectiveness of self-service; Grinnell College's use of Weight Watchers frozen entrees; Stone Willy's Pizza operation at the University of Massachusetts; Pillsbury Sweet Cookies at the University of Notre Dame; Lean...
- Head of the class. // Nation's Restaurant News;09/06/99 Supplement, Vol. 33 Issue 36, Brands in foodservice. p5
Discusses the popularity of manufacturer brands in college and university foodservice in the United States. Low-cost alternative to commercial franchises; Keeping student food dollars on campus; Results of survey of foodservice operators; Reasons for opting for manufacturer-type brands.
- AND TESTING DELIVERY: Campuses expand brands with Villa Pizza serveries. // FoodService Director;11/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p5
Reports on three universities in the United States which have opened Villa Pizza units in the brand's first entry into campus food service. Princeton University in New Jersey; Carmichael Towers in Vanderbilt, Pennsylvania.
- MENU BRANDING IN COLLEGES: A vital tool for success. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p64
Reports on the importance of menu branding in the college-university segment of foodservice. Search of customers for quality; Cost-effectiveness; Implications to the reputation of the university.
- Do brands still sizzle? // Nation's Restaurant News;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, OnSite p82
Focuses on the popularity of branded food concepts in college campuses in the United States. Popularity of branded concepts compared to branded foods; Factors affecting the popularity of branded concepts in colleges; Disadvantages of offering branded foods for food service operators in colleges.
- Branding on Campus: Working out the `right mix.'. Chater, Amanda // FoodService Director;11/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p80
Provides information on branding concepts on college food service in the United States. In-house branding; Complaints of students about the prices of non-branded foods; Key to the success of branded concepts; Examples of brands at some colleges. INSET: Daily Sales Tip $5,000: Univ. of...
- Self-branding in college fdsvc. permits needed yearly change. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p6
Focuses on the self-branding seminar of David Henry, a concept development manager for The Wood Co., in college food service. How Henry described self brands; What to consider in launching a brand; Advise of Henry about merchandising.
- CAFE CULTURE COMES TO CAMPUS. Paton, Nie // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;7/17/2008, Vol. 198 Issue 4536, p36
The article focuses on the changing trend of catering services in universities. Historically catering in universities has been heavily subsidised but now it is perceived as an important social and recreational part. Universities are keen to provide meals because they have the facilities on-site...
- Brand Name or Bust. Tristano, Darren // Prepared Foods;Aug2011, Vol. 180 Issue 8, p41
The article discusses Technomic's 2011 "College & University Consumer Trend Report" which found that students in colleges and universities across the U.S. prefer the best in brand name, packaged foods and tell their schools' dining-hall operators about their preferences. It notes that more than...