Nutritional Study Program: Calif. hosp. launches diet/diabetes training
- Following the Fads. Dinsmoor, Robert // Countdown;Spring98, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p24
Cautions diabetics from participating in diet fads. Nutritional and diet requirements of diabetics; Lack of evidence that diabetics should strictly maintain low-carbohydrate diets; Diet variations diabetics should avoid.
- Survey of dietary policy and management in British diabetic clinics. Truswell, A.S.; Thomas, Briony J.; Brown, Ann M. // British Medical Journal;10/4/1975, Vol. 4 Issue 5987, p7
Presents a survey of dietary policy and management in British diabetic clinics. Use of carbohydrate-exchange units in the regulation of diets; Restriction of foods and sucrose with concentrated sugars; Dietary policy for diabetics.
- Teen party treats. // Diabetes in the News;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p26
Presents recipes for parties with diabetic people as guests. Rice Krispies Squares; Easy Pizza; Cheese and Onion Popcorn; Party Snack Mix.
- Diet. Smith, Belinda Maness // Diabetes in the News;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p38
Presents a question and answer format on diet. Choices for frozen dinners that fits busy lifestyle and diabetes diet plan; Use of sweetener; Nutritional value of alfalfa sprouts; Recipe for Open-face Puff Sandwich; Canned fruits packed with high sugar syrup; Tips in kosher diet; List of books...
- Food is the key part of your diabetes control program. Hamilton, Carlene // Diabetes in the News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p9
Discusses the importance of food in the successful control of diabetes. Effect of too much or too little food; Meal plan for each diabetic patient; Major fact to keep in mind; Type I meal planning basics; Type II meal planning basics. INSET: Age-related meal plan changes..
- Healthy food choices. Feste, Cathy // Diabetes in the News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p53
Presents some thoughts for a diabetic on how to become aware of the choices and challenges that are present in meal plan. Major challenge; Questions to ask; Two greatest challenges of restaurant eating; Greatest food challenge at home; Review of snacking habits.
- Diet questions & answers. // Diabetes in the News;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p62
Presents questions and answers on diet for diabetics. Calcium intake; Ways to reduce blood cholesterol levels; Fructose as a sugar; Cause for a sweet tooth; Cinnamon and diet.
- Diet questions & answers. Smith, Belinda Maness // Diabetes in the News;May/Jun95, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p39
Answers questions about diets for diabetics. Effect of spices on blood glucose levels; Health benefits of rotisserie chicken; Effect of insulin injections on weight.
- Health care costs could be cut by integrating nutrition therapy into diabetes care. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;1994, Issue 71, p7
Discusses the inclusion of nutrition therapy in the treatment of diabetes as cost management measure. Control of blood glucose levels; Benefits of nutritional interventions; Recommendations from the American Dietetic Association.