FoodCapsule: A New Slant on Side Dishes
- The side show. McCluskey // Restaurant Business;12/15/99, Vol. 98 Issue 24, p64
Focuses on the importance of side dishes in food service. Island-Style Wild Rice recipe; Side dish products including Lamb Weston Generation 7 Fries; Brew City Spicy Pub; Idaho Potato Commission wall chart with tips on preparation and frying of potato side dishes.
- Sides: The new main attraction. Fabricant, Florence // Nation's Restaurant News;11/7/94, Vol. 28 Issue 44, p47
Focuses on side dishes offered by food service operators in the United States. Oak-roasted free-range chicken offered with arugula, autumn vegetables, Chardonnay vinegar and a savory mushroom and sage bread pudding; Popularity of grains, beans and other starches with customers; Grilled shrimp...
- Dining specials cost less than a tank of gas. Katz, T. J. // Inside Tucson Business;6/9/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p16
The article presents several choices for a cheaper meal in Tucson, Arizona. Fox Restaurant Concepts' Zinburger is featuring a daily happy hour between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. during which all side dishes, draft beers and wine are half-price. At Bistro Philippe, its early bird special features dinner...
- Grains on the menu. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p120
Focuses on the growing popularity of grain-based side dishes at different food service locations in the United States. Sodexho Marriott Services' offering of wild barley pilaf for employees of Hewlett-Packard Co. in Cupertino, California; Tabbouleh as a grain of choice among students of Lehigh...
- Eat. Gillies, John; Gargill, David // GQ: Gentlemen's Quarterly;Mar2006, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p160
The article presents information about the new-breed steak houses in the U. S. A new-breed steak house is date-friendly like the one in Las Vegas and Chicago. The menus that they serve has an accompanying side dishes. These new-breed steak houses also offered variety of sauce, butter, mustards...
- RESTAURANTS: GO, CONSIDER, STOP. Forbes, Steve // Forbes Global;7/4/2005, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p12
Presents information on several restaurants located in New York City. Menu offerings at Aquavit; Interior design of the Barolo restaurant; Side dishes being served at BLT Fish.
- Schnuck Lumps Meat, Potatoes Together. Miller, Lynne // SN: Supermarket News;11/15/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 46, p50
Discusses the commitment of retailer Schnuck Markets to the meals solutions category. Move of the company to position chilled side dishes next to entrees; Growth in sales of the meals solution category of Schnuck Markets; Response of customers to a line of fully prepared items from Unilever.
- Super Sides. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p38
This article looks at the interest of food service operators in the U.S. to use side dishes as sources of vitamins and minerals. According to the author, operators are using fresh vegetables, salad greens and grains to provide nutrition to their customers. She cites some restaurants and schools...
- Potato recipe cardsâ€¦The IDAHO POTATO COMMISSION's. Lavecchia, Gina // Food Management;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p94
A set of recipe cards introduced by the Idaho Potato Commission, offers food service operators four innovative potato recipes using fresh, frozen or dehydrated potatoes. One can choose from appetizers, main dishes and side dish items including Greek Idaho Potato Stack with Salmon, Herb Idaho...