`Food for the Millennium:' Rice Oil Makes Splash
- Fatty Acid Analysis of Edible Oils. Fengxiang Yu; Xu Chen; Zuwu Chen; Xiaojun Wei // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Vol. 962-965, p1222
To research the characteristics of rice bran oil( RBO) and identify RBO from vegetable oils,33 kinds of rice were collected from China, the fatty acids of rice bran oil, palm oil, rapeseed oil, cottonseed oil, soybean oil, peanut oil, camellia oleosa seed oil were analyzed by Gas Chromatography,...
- Govt may allow export of Groundnut and Rice Bran oil in bulk as oil prices in the domestic market plunge by 9%. // FRPT- FMCG Snapshot;12/7/2014, p2
The article discusses probable lifting on ban of groundnut and rice bran oil bulk exports by the Indian government. Topics include drop in domestic prices of high value edible oils in the open market as per solvent extraction industry growth body Solvent Extractors' Association, lower domestic...
- Ask Doctor Cory. // Child Life;Jun2002, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p32
Answers various health-related questions, such as information on hydrogenated oils.
- Secret shopperk. // Natural Foods Merchandiser;Nov2010, Vol. 31 Issue 11, Special section p10
The article presents a conversation between the journal's secret shopper representative and an employee of a store regarding a recommended healthy all-purpose cooking oil and a comment from the editor in chief on the employee's response.
- Fats and oils analysed. // Food Manufacture;Feb2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2, p58
Informs on the literature titled 'Review of methods for the determination of fat and oil in foodstuffs,' published by Campden and Chorleywood Food RA. Basic chemistry of fats and oils; Analytical methods.
- Some advances in edible oil industry. Yadav, G.D. // Chemical Business;Jul97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p25
Presents the advanced processes used in edible oil industry. Hydrogenation of trans-fatty acids; Used of tubular ceramic membrane impregnated by a palladium catalyst in hydrogenation of vegetable oil; Other process for oil hydrogenation.
- Market briefs. // Chemical Market Reporter;06/15/98, Vol. 253 Issue 24, p10
Highlights developments in the edible oil industry in the United States recent to June 15, 1998. Establishment of goals by the Renewables Vision 2020 coalition; Plans of Organic Food Products Inc. purchase cooking oil firm Spectrum Naturals.
- Building a better oil. O'Donnell, Claudia D. // Prepared Foods;May98, Vol. 167 Issue 5, p141
Focuses on the development of beneficial oils. Function of hydrogenation to liquid oil's oxidative stability; Options for no- or low- liquid oils.
- Edible oil industry. // Economic Review (05318955);Jan1997, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p34
Focuses on the performance of the edible oil industry of Pakistan in fiscal 1996-97. Production of vegetable ghee from imported vegetable oils; Classification of oil extraction activities; Introduction of solvent extraction plants.