MarketCapsule: A Changing Mix for GPOs
- An Examination of College Students' Produce Consumption and Purchasing Behavior: A Case Study in California. Walker, Bernadette Marie; Wolf, Marianne McGarry; Schroeter, Christiane // Journal of Food Distribution Research;Mar2009, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p180
This research finds that college students spend approximately $58 each week on total food purchases and almost $30 each week on food eaten away from home. College students allocate about 40 percent of their money spent on food eaten away from home to fast food and sit-down restaurants. College...
- Share of income spent on food. // Family Economics & Nutrition Review;1997, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p49
Reports on the decreasing allocation of Americans of their incomes for food. Proportion of income spent on food between 1980 and 1992; Influence of household demographic characteristics on food spending; Effect of household size to the mix of food purchased; Effect of household composition;...
- Food marketing costs increased in 1994. Elitzak, Howard // FoodReview;May-Aug95, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on factors that contributed to the increase in food marketing costs in the United States in 1994. Impact of higher labor costs; Increase in packaging costs; Transportation and energy costs; Profits earned by corporations.
- When Bulking Up Is Bad. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Feb99, Vol. 60 Issue 2, p34
Reports on the implication of buying foods in economy-size packages on one's health and body figure.
- Use current commodity lows as hedge against upward swin. Barone, John T. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/02/99, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p16
Provides tips for food purchasing in the United States. Commodity prices for the month of July 1999; Demands for beef; Consumption of coffee.
- Food Spending by U.S. Households Grew Steadily in the 1990's. Blisard, Noel // FoodReview;Sep-Dec2000, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p18
Reports the increase in household food spending in the United States (U.S.) in 1990s. Increase in consumer price index from 1995 to 1988; Factors affecting trends in food spending; Statistics released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- Food spending. Manchester, Alden // FoodReview;Jul-Sep91, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p24
Examines food expenditure in the United States during the early 1990s. Growth in food spending; Which areas had a dramatic increase in spending; How an increase in income has affected food expenditure; Total for food and alcoholic beverage expenditure in 1990; Where funds for food spending...
- Per capita food spending. Blaylock, James R.; Smallwood, David M. // FoodReview;Jul-Sep91, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p28
Examines United States per capita spending on food for consumption at home during the early 1990s. What was responsible for a decline in per capita spending; Examination of statistics from the Bureau of Labor Statistics; How household income rates affected food spending. INSET: Away-from-home...
- Family food bill now Â£27 higher. Defries, Melanie // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);8/21/2008, Vol. 109 Issue 4133, p6
The article reports on the increase in the food expenses of families in Great Britain in August 2008. According to the figures released by mysupermarket.co.uk, families of four in the country spend an average of Â£127 per week to purchase basic food items, compared with the Â£100 average in...