TITLE

Raytheon explains protest over rival's contract award

AUTHOR(S)
Tiron, Roxana
PUB. DATE
June 2007
SOURCE
Hill;6/28/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 79, p18
SOURCE TYPE
Newspaper
DOC. TYPE
Article
ABSTRACT
The article reports on a protest filed by Raytheon Co., a losing bidder for the Army's and Air Force's Joint Cargo Aircraft, against the U.S. Government Accountability Office over a large price difference between its offering compared to L-3 Communications Holdings, the award winner. According to Jon Jones, president of Raytheon, that difference could be larger if longer term costs of the aircraft were accounted for.
ACCESSION #
25581676

 

Related Articles

  • GAO denies protest over aircraft contract. Tiron, Roxana // Hill;9/28/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 113, p3 

    The article reports that the Government Accountability Office (GAO) has denied the charge of Raytheon Co. concerning the contract for the Joint Cargo Aircraft (JCA) to L-3 Communications Holdings in the U.S. Raytheon, in its protest, stressed the large price difference between its offering and...

  • Raytheon Details Concerns Leading To Protest of Army/Air Force JCA Award. Roosevelt, Ann // Defense Daily;6/28/2007, Vol. 234 Issue 62, p2 

    The article reports on the joint protest by Raytheon and the European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co. of the Army/Air Force award of its potential $2 billion contract for a joint cargo aircraft to a team led by L-3 Communications. Team JCA offered the C-295 aircraft. L-3 Communications and...

  • US NAVY SELECTS RAYTHEON (AGAIN) FOR NGJ CONTRACT. Haystead, J.; Knowles, J. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Feb2014, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p15 

    The article announces that the U.S. Navy has awarded a Technology Development (TD) contract worth of $279.4 million to American defense contractor and industrial company Raytheon Co. for the Next Generation Jammer (NGJ). Topics discussed include the replacement of the ALQ-99 Tactical Jamming...

  • Push Back.  // Aviation Week & Space Technology;4/16/2007, Vol. 166 Issue 15, p91 

    The article reports on the opposition of the U.S. Army to a Government Accountability Office (GAO) ruling that it erred in awarding a linguist services contract to DynCorp in December 2006. The loss of the contract to provide translators to U.S. forces stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan stunned...

  • INDUSTRY outlook. Parmalee, Patricia J. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/19/2001, Vol. 155 Issue 21, p23 

    Reports developments related to aircraft industry as of November 2001. Flight and systems trial of the RJX-85 airplane by BAE Regional Aircraft company; Agreement between Raytheon Co. and Washington Group International Inc.; Merge of the telemetry divisions of L-3 Communications Corp.

  • MARKET FOCUS. Anselmo, Joseph C.; Taverna, Michel A. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/27/2006, Vol. 164 Issue 13, p12 

    This article reports that for the past year, speculation has swirled about whether Great Britain based BAE Systems PLC would sell off its 20% stake in Airbus Industrie SA. Executives at EADS, which owns the other 80%, have long coveted BAE's shares in the aircraft giant. Last week, those rumors...

  • Raytheon Protests Army/Air Force Joint Cargo Aircraft Award. Roosevelt, Ann // Defense Daily;6/25/2007, Vol. 234 Issue 59, p2 

    The article reports that Raytheon has filed a protest with the U.S. government over the Army/Air Force decision to award the Joint Cargo Aircraft to a team led by L-3 Communications. The Army/Air Force decision was announced after a heated competition to supply the two services with a production...

  • MARKET FOCUS. Anselmo, Joseph C. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/13/2006, Vol. 165 Issue 19, p25 

    The article reports on the new changes that the new regime of the U.S. Congress will make to the aviation industry. Lockheed Martin Corp. stocks decreased 2.4%, General Dynamics Corp. at 2.3%, L-3 Communications Holdings at 3.3%, Northrop Grumman Corp. at 2.7% and Raytheon Co. at 1.9%. Investors...

  • Much Hope--More Hype. Anselmo, Joseph C. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/29/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 13, p53 

    The article discusses the business potential for cyber-defense technologies, as of March 2010, in the context of the aerospace industry. Examples of business plans by firms such as Lockheed Martin, Raytheon, and L-3 Communications are cited as examples. The question of how large a market exists...

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of THE LIBRARY OF VIRGINIA

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics